Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

4 year old boy found in NJ apartment with corpse of mother

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I can't even imagine. I'm crying while typing this. That poor child. I just want to wrap him up in my arms.

ETA:

Wow this made the front page.  It warms my heart to know so many people here and around the world love a little boy they have never met.  

Faith in humanity restored.  

"(CNN) - A 4-year-old boy was found alive but malnourished in a Union, New Jersey, apartment where police also discovered the decomposing body of a woman.

Authorities revealed few details about the case, including whether the woman was the child's mother.

Late Tuesday morning, police responded to a call from maintenance staff at the Mill Run at Union Apartments in Union Township, about seven miles southwest of Newark. There were concerns about a foul odor coming from one of the apartment units, police said.

Officers discovered the door of that apartment ajar, but secured from the inside with a chain lock. Officers forced the door open and found a 4-year-old boy, according to a statement released by the Union Township Police Department.

Police Director Daniel Zieser told CNN affiliate WCBS that the boy had apparently been in the apartment for five or six days, with no food he could reach. Zieser said that the boy told a responding officer that there was plenty of food in the refrigerator, but that he couldn't open the door.

The boy "appeared very malnourished but alert," police said in a statement.

In the bedroom of the apartment, officers discovered the body of a woman "in a state of decomposition," the statement said.

The child apparently had been trying to take care of the woman, police said.

"He was...putting some type of lotion on her, but she was deceased. It's very sad," said Zieser.

Emergency services arrived at the scene and the child was taken to a nearby hospital for treatment.

The local medical examiner's office scheduled an autopsy on the body,though Zieser said the death appeared to be of natural causes.

CNN's attempts to reach the medical examiner were unsuccessful.

Management personnel for the apartment facility told CNN that they were not providing a statement Tuesday.

Efforts to reach family members of the boy were underway Tuesday, police said."

http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/26/us/new-jersey-body-child?c=&page=0

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 28, 2013 at 3:36 AM
Replies (21-30):
Acid
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:06 AM
1 mom liked this

He was hungry and scared and still trying to take care of his Mommy. 

Wow.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:07 AM
2 moms liked this
I'm surprised they smelt anything in Jersey. The state's natural stench smells like a dead body and garbage.
Crymsm
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:07 AM
Whoa poor kid. My 3 yr old can open our fridge. He must of been malnourished, just thinking. Hope they give more info out later.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
atmsmom2011
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:07 AM

Just heart breaking

Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:08 AM

That poor baby.  I am glad somoene found him before it was too late.

dipsetgrl06
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:08 AM
She was only 38. They are doing an autopsy now to determine cause of death and are looking for the boys uncle to care for him. He was only 26lbs when they found him. Her mom had just moved out of the complex last month. Such a tragic story so close to home for me.
TB78
by Tasha on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:08 AM
I had to stop reading it i was on the verge of tears :'{
bless that poor little boy and i hope he goes to a loving family who will help him deal with what he went through. also feel bad for the woman.
FutureSoccerM0m
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:09 AM
1 mom liked this
I saw this on the local news. He was putting lotion on her to make her better. That shattered my heart. Its sad that there are people out there that no one misses. I can't imagine going a few hours without family checking on me.
amberlyp
by Gold Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:09 AM
This is soooo sad... This poor boy is going to deal with this his entire life :(
MomLife16
by Gold Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:09 AM
That poor baby. That is awful.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)