Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Best and Worst trends of the past 10 years

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Whether it's clothing, slang, movies, music, whatever. Go!
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 28, 2013 at 6:39 AM
Replies (31-40):
Ilaynasmommy
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 8:01 AM
Mothers dressing theirchildren 10 and under in grown looking clothings.

Quoting SageAdvice:

The word cray.. it's just stupid

Skinny jeans for men

Mothers dressing like their teen daughters

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rebeccab1966
by Gold Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 8:01 AM
3 moms liked this

Women calling other women "bitches" as a form of greeting.  HATE it.  HATE it.  Tacky, classless, played out.

Jennyanne322
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 8:01 AM
Yeah it's so sad and creepy. My aunt owns her own business and I would hate to see what people see when they google her. Like minimum age, clubs should have a max cut off age.

Quoting Anonymous:

I work with a lady who is retiring this year, she's a sweetheart... But she looks her age and talks about going clubbing all the time, and 'shaking her hips and ass'... Its just sad...

Quoting Jennyanne322:

Can you explain the moms trying to be teens again, but are in their 40s and a grandma to my aunt please? It's so pathetic. I actually have to hide her on FB with all her clubbing and half there clothes for her 2x body parts hanging out.

Quoting Anonymous:

Duck face,

Moms who try to be teens again (who are clearly in their forties),

Tiny bikinis for toddlers!!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Ilaynasmommy
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 8:02 AM
What is duck face?

Quoting SageAdvice:

God yes DUCK FACE .. I'm mean seriously who looked at themselves or someone else doing that in a picture and said THAT  LOOKS GOOD!  WTH.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rebeccab1966
by Gold Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 8:08 AM

Worst trend ever--that little twerp JUSTIN BEIBER.  Needs to go away forever.

WesternNYmom
by Gold Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 8:08 AM

Uggs

Crocs (those ugly rubber sandles, with the holes in them)

Sketchers Shape ups-(tried on pair. How the hell do women walk in them? Felt like I was going to fall over. Love Sketchers tone ups. The built in cushioning and the arch support has really helped my back. 

Skinny jeans for men and women

Sketchers Twinkle toes. DD loves them. I think they are ugly.  I want dd to be happy so I let her get a pair.

Glitter or sequins on girl's shirts. Drives me crazy. I have to wash dd's shirts seperately to avoid the rest of the familie's clothing from coming out of the wash covered in glitter.

Axe body spray. I hate that stuff and the fact that most men smell like they bathe in it. Seriously guys. A little goes a long way.

Boyfriend jeans. Why would any women spend $100 for a pair of jeans like this, when they could just go to the mens department and purchase and identical pair for half price, or better yet raid their so's closet?

Super sexy  underwear marketed for pre teens and teens.  I hate the new line of undergarments from VS that is market for pre teen and teen. No way in hell am I purchasing thongs or bras that conceal breasts for my daughter. When dd is 18 and can afford that crap, she can purchase it. Until then, she will wear under garments I approve of.  I just found another reason not to shop at VS.

As for music. I hate that the trend in popular music today is to glamorize domestic violence, gun violence, and I am sick of hearing the f word in every other line of a song.  I have just about given up listening to the radio these days, because of the garbage that is being played.

SageAdvice
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 8:09 AM

Quoting Ilaynasmommy:

What is duck face?

Quoting SageAdvice:

God yes DUCK FACE .. I'm mean seriously who looked at themselves or someone else doing that in a picture and said THAT  LOOKS GOOD!  WTH.

Some times you just have to punt the ball.
Ilaynasmommy
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 8:10 AM
Lmao. Thanks!

Quoting SageAdvice:

Quoting Ilaynasmommy:

What is duck face?

Quoting SageAdvice:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 28, 2013 at 8:14 AM
I don't see how skinny jeans on women are ugly, nor do i see a problem with VS undergarments.. They're UNDERgarments. You're really going to be picking out your daughters clothes until shes 18? I would hate to have you as a mom.
mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Mar. 28, 2013 at 8:23 AM
Don't forget gorge and yolo

Quoting SageAdvice:

The word cray.. it's just stupid

Skinny jeans for men

Mothers dressing like their teen daughters

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured