Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Episiotomy, tmi question

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies

Anyone have one and then after they have sex, the scar hurts really badly? 

Mine does. I had one with my oldest daughter and she's 4 now. It still hurts nearly every time my husband and I have sex. I just was curious if this was common. It sucks.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:16 AM
I don't know, I had csections but I think my dh gave me one last night. I'm ripped baaad.
partingwhisper
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:18 AM

mine stopped hurting within weeks after birth. you should have your gyny check it out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:18 AM
I've had 2 epi. and mine healed just fine. Maybe you should talk to your doc about that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:19 AM

Thanks. I think I'm going to at my next appointment. I never really thought much of it, but like 9 times out of 10 when we have sex, right after it burns and hurts so bad. We've never really had the easiest sex anyway, it usually does hurt regardless, but I don't get why 4 years later it still does this.

Quoting Anonymous:

I've had 2 epi. and mine healed just fine. Maybe you should talk to your doc about that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:22 AM
Hmmm...maybe it just didn't heal right or over a period of time it just got too sore, especially after sex? Idk but I hope your doc can make it better.

Quoting Anonymous:

Thanks. I think I'm going to at my next appointment. I never really thought much of it, but like 9 times out of 10 when we have sex, right after it burns and hurts so bad. We've never really had the easiest sex anyway, it usually does hurt regardless, but I don't get why 4 years later it still does this.

Quoting Anonymous:

Shabbydoll78
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:25 AM
1 mom liked this

I had an episiotomy with two of my four deliveries. I tore with the other two. It hurt, and recovery was much , much worse with the tearing.

Sex after an episiotomy was not so bad after the first couple of times. 

Talk to you gyn, let him/her know whats going on.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:26 AM

I have just been thinking it's just the friction of sex and if it lasts too long, it gets irritated, something like that. I got cut big time, LOTS of stitches, so it wasn't just a couple. The docs didn't seem concerned about the healing at all throughout my 2nd pregnancy or this one so far, or any post partum checkups. I think it's just my vag hating on me lol! 

Quoting Anonymous:

Hmmm...maybe it just didn't heal right or over a period of time it just got too sore, especially after sex? Idk but I hope your doc can make it better.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

AleaKat
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:28 AM
I had a 3 rd degree episiotomy with my first and it took 6 months to have sex without extreme pain.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
southern.momof2
by Pirate on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:29 AM
I tore naturally with both my children and had to have stitches. They are 9 and 5 now. It hurt for years afterwards when we would have rough sex.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:29 AM

Right after I had our first, the first time we had sex was 6 months post partum as well and I got pregnant with our 2nd daughter that first time lol! 

But now this is 4 years later and it bothers me after sex, not anything like at first, but enough to be a pain in the butt.

Quoting AleaKat:

I had a 3 rd degree episiotomy with my first and it took 6 months to have sex without extreme pain.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)