Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

b•••• you're just mad bc you aren't married

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:20 AM
  • 119 Replies
Ok so this lady told the banker this that works @ the bank. This happened bc I needed a last name change on my debt card bc I never got it changed when I got married last year of December. So the banker kept giving me the run around telling me do I have my marriage licence and I told her no, I don't go around carrying my marriage licence.

So the banker says "Welllll you're gonna have to get that then she looked @ her co-worker & she said the same bc they need proof plus they need it on file. I told them my last name is on my I.D. Last time I came up here a pregnant lady told me I either need my marriage license (OR) my I.D with the new last name on it and I have that. So the banker says "No, sorry ya need that so I said ok. Now mind you this bitch always gives me weird looks when I come in there anyway like she's lost or something.

Anyway so I went to the main desk where you sign in so I did that & ask to speak to the supervisor. I explained everything to the guy and he helping me out and I got my last name changed. While this was happening I hear a lady tell that banker who didn't help me that she's jealous bc she isnt married o_0 then she said you're lazy bc that other lady just got help and got her last name change (talking about me)

So the banker looked over @ me as the supervisor handed me my new credit card then I left lol I got what I needed to be handled without her damn help lol

Anyone esle had a problem with a person that wouldn't help you but you got the help done by someone esle o_0?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BEXi
by BEXi on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:22 AM

Of course.. I hate when people are like that.

I got a run around at the court house the other day because I know this bitch didnt want to walk to find me the forms I needed.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:23 AM
11 moms liked this
You don't get a cc same day smgdh
AleaKat
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:23 AM
It's kinda different but when I was working as a shipping clerk I had to deal with a lot if truck drivers.
One guy came in and refused to work with me cause I was a woman and the minute my male supervised came in he was all smiles and cooperative.... Drive me bonkers!
audreesmama
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:24 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol. Oh, the drama.

No, I've never had anything like this happen outside of cafemom world.
CorpCityGrl
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:25 AM

In some banks, you CAN get your debit card same day.  I lost the new one that was sent to me and walked into a Citibank during work and they issued me a new one on the spot.  Other banks are doing it now too. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:25 AM
Lol!

Quoting Anonymous:

An0nym0use
by Rock Lobster on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:25 AM
4 moms liked this
How the hell did you get a new card same day? I've never had a bank do that, and I had to change my name at two of them when I got married. Still had to wait 7-10 for a new card....
jenmomx3
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:26 AM
2 moms liked this

Idk, but when I got married, they did have to have my marriage license...I don't think she was lying to you.

MrsCountryMama
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:27 AM
No it was harder to go back to my maiden name when i got divorced than it was to change my name in the first place.
little_mama_of3
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:27 AM
. Use one.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)