Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How do you get your 2 year old to eat?!?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies
My son isabout to be 2 on the 6th of April..I've tried to get him to eat a healthy breakfast,lunch and dinner and give him healthy snacks between...but it doesn't work i struggle I'll give him cereal and it'll end up on the floor same thing with the oatmeal,eggs,toast everything..he only would eat bananas,apples,grapes,oranges i feel like he's starving but i don't wanna force feed him either..WHAT CAN I DO?!?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pink.Sunshine
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:08 PM

That would be a cold day in hell when I would have to force Micah to eat. LOL

mtdew
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:10 PM

You don't force him.  He will eat when he is hungry. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:10 PM
You have to get creative with foods to make them fun and appealing.

And if that fails threaten with nap time haha but follow through! After a quick 10 mins in his bed I bet he'll come out sorry for throwing a fit and eat
Raeann11
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:12 PM
2 moms liked this

He will eat when he is hungry. Give him what he likes and keep trying new things.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:13 PM
I didn't say i force feed him i said i don't wanna force feed him and he barely comes to me when he's hungry i offer him foods through out the day but he refuses to eat and says no.

Quoting mtdew:

-BlueBell-
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Kids will eat what and when they want. My 3 year old LIVES on fruit and macaroni and cheese. I give her vitamins and PediaSure to help her get all the nutrients she needs. And I can always tell when she's about to have a growth spurt cuz she totally craves meat.

Don't stress about food. As long as he's eating, peeing/pooping and growing, you're fine.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:15 PM
Once again i don't force feed my son i offer him different types of foods,veggies,fruits through out the day but he refuses to eat any of it by saying no

Quoting Pink.Sunshine:

That would be a cold day in hell when I would have to force Micah to eat. LOL

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:17 PM
I've tried pediasure it makes him sick he ends up throwing up and having the runs i told his doctor but she wasn't much help

Quoting -BlueBell-:

Kids will eat what and when they want. My 3 year old LIVES on fruit and macaroni and cheese. I give her vitamins and PediaSure to help her get all the nutrients she needs. And I can always tell when she's about to have a growth spurt cuz she totally craves meat.

Don't stress about food. As long as he's eating, peeing/pooping and growing, you're fine.

mtdew
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:18 PM

I wasn't implying that you are forcing him.  Just trying to reassure you that what he is doing is normal for a 2 year old.  Kids go through phases where they only want to eat certain things, etc.  Also I could always tell when my kids were going through a growth spurt; they would all of a sudden be starving all day long...!!

Quoting Anonymous:

I didn't say i force feed him i said i don't wanna force feed him and he barely comes to me when he's hungry i offer him foods through out the day but he refuses to eat and says no.

Quoting mtdew:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:18 PM
Thanks

Quoting Raeann11:

He will eat when he is hungry. Give him what he likes and keep trying new things.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN