Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The Emergency Room Stories.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 430 Replies
4 moms liked this
I'm sitting in the ER waiting to be seen and a man just came in talking about a toothache. Said he was here 2 days ago but he cant afford the prescription and wanted another shot. It looks like he has NO teeth. What are some outrageous things you have seen in the ER?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 28, 2013 at 5:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TheSidewinder
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 5:45 PM
4 moms liked this

I hate when people use the ER as a drs office!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 28, 2013 at 5:47 PM

If he can't afford the prescription, what does he think they'll do?

phantomphan
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 5:49 PM
22 moms liked this
I was waiting to be seen and this young man comes in. Hand allwrapped up in bloody towels. Tells the triage nurse "I cut my hand". She tells him to take a seat.
Another guy comes in behind him with a blood soaked bundle of towels and ice packs. Says "I'm with him. I have his hand."

He didn't cut his hand. He cut his hand OFF.

He was taken in right away.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JessT5280
by MileHigh Mom on Mar. 28, 2013 at 5:54 PM
3 moms liked this
The worst I can think of is waiting 6hrs because I couldn't breathe - they finally put me in a room and the doc comes in and tells me I have gas. They give me an enema and send me home.
I went back two days later, cussed everyone out and demanded they look harder because I did NOT have gas ...
Turns out, I had a pulmonary embolism.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
o.O....
by Cara on Mar. 28, 2013 at 5:56 PM
9 moms liked this
Meh. It was a flesh wound.

Quoting phantomphan:

I was waiting to be seen and this young man comes in. Hand allwrapped up in bloody towels. Tells the triage nurse "I cut my hand". She tells him to take a seat.

Another guy comes in behind him with a blood soaked bundle of towels and ice packs. Says "I'm with him. I have his hand."

phantomphan
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 5:57 PM
3 moms liked this
Yeah. Slap some duct tape on there...lol

Quoting o.O....:

Meh. It was a flesh wound.

Quoting phantomphan:

IamMex11
by JorgematoTM on Mar. 28, 2013 at 5:58 PM

um....that's pretty terrible....sorry

Quoting JessT5280:

The worst I can think of is waiting 6hrs because I couldn't breathe - they finally put me in a room and the doc comes in and tells me I have gas. They give me an enema and send me home.
I went back two days later, cussed everyone out and demanded they look harder because I did NOT have gas ...
Turns out, I had a pulmonary embolism.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 28, 2013 at 6:00 PM
Why are you at the ER?
Cassidysmom611
by Gold Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 6:00 PM

Nothing really odd, but if I go in usually its for respiratory distress of a major kind (I have bad asthma) and I always get people that give me dirty looks when I get brought right in. I always wonder why people think it's like the deli. I am sorry my inability to breath comes before a sprained foot, or stomach bug. 

colins_mom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 6:01 PM
I waited 4 hours in the waiting room with a broken foot, bone almost through the skin. got taken back to xray, then back to the waiting room for ANOTHER 4 hours. I asked when I would be seen and they were like "oh we thought you left"
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)