Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Should I be concerned?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 2 Replies
My son is three years old. I recently bought a baby rabbit for all my kids. IYesterday my nine year old took the rabbit out of her cage n was holding her. He placed her on the ground. As soon as he turned his back on the rabbit n my three year old. ( I was not home... Daddy was cooking dinner) my three year old tried to do a hand stand on the lil baby bunny. The rabbit died right away. :(. My son has been feeling guilty. He keeps telling me. " I killed the bunny". I feel bad for him but I also feel bad about what he did.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 28, 2013 at 5:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Sarafinn2012
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 5:55 PM
1 mom liked this

I would explain to him that accidents happen and that's why we need to be so so careful with little animals. My daughter, who is now 8, dropped our guinea pig from the couch when she was 4 and he broke his back. She felt horrible about it for a long time, but I kept telling her it wasn't her fault (I think if they feel guilty it could cause traumatic stress) but that's why we need to be extra careful and hold them and pet them gentle. We now have another pig, a cat and a dog and she is a complete pet lover and is very good with them. Sorry that happened to your son and his bunny! :( At 3 I don't think he's capable of understanding that something like that would happen and he probably didn't do it intentionally. Accidents happen.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 28, 2013 at 6:18 PM
That's horrible!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)