Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Holy s*** this was seriously in my cities news paper

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

Mobile Photo

Thoughts? It in reference to First Nations people (I believe in America you say Native American)

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 28, 2013 at 7:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
handy0318
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 7:36 PM

It was a letter to the editor... I'm sure the newspaper runs a regular disclaimer that the opinions expressed by those writing to them do not reflect the paper's opinion...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 28, 2013 at 7:40 PM
No I'm pretty sure it was an actual article, only because in the letter to the editor section it says dear editor.

Quoting handy0318:

It was a letter to the editor... I'm sure the newspaper runs a regular disclaimer that the opinions expressed by those writing to them do not reflect the paper's opinion...

mariesmama
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 7:40 PM

and yet the antikytheros mechanism dates from around that time

MistyMoo
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 7:49 PM
Wow., the last time te government tried to 'educate' them they were taken away from their families and forced into residential schools, but that didn't screw them up.. No, it was all their doing with their traditional ways *rolls my eyes*
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
handy0318
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 7:50 PM

I googled... it was a letter to the editor. Now the paper is apologizing for allowing it to be printed.

http://www2.canada.com/nanaimodailynews/news/story.html?id=6df3c1d6-2eae-41b4-87cf-189347b5665e

Quoting Anonymous:

No I'm pretty sure it was an actual article, only because in the letter to the editor section it says dear editor.

Quoting handy0318:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 28, 2013 at 7:50 PM
I know right. The govrenment actually already screws them over a lot if you looked into it.

Quoting MistyMoo:

Wow., the last time te government tried to 'educate' them they were taken away from their families and forced into residential schools, but that didn't screw them up.. No, it was all their doing with their traditional ways *rolls my eyes*
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 28, 2013 at 7:51 PM
That makes sense then.

Quoting handy0318:

I googled... it was a letter to the editor. Now the paper is apologizing for allowing it to be printed.

http://www2.canada.com/nanaimodailynews/news/story.html?id=6df3c1d6-2eae-41b4-87cf-189347b5665e

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting handy0318:

MistyMoo
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 7:53 PM
Yes, they've been screwed over royally many times. There's a reason why some are the way they are and it's because they've been terribly mistreated in the past.

Quoting Anonymous:

I know right. The govrenment actually already screws them over a lot if you looked into it.

Quoting MistyMoo:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)