Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Any moms out there with an eating disorder?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
I'm having an extremely hard time right now. My SO is working overtime tonight and all I want to do is get a bunch of food and purge. I've had anorexia since I was very young (I was in and out of residential faculties and hospitals. I have almost died four times from this disease), and now I seem to be purging anything I eat; whether that's an apple of a piece of ice.
My SO knows about *most* of my ED, but not it in its entirety....I just need this feeling to subside....
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 28, 2013 at 7:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 28, 2013 at 7:37 PM
Yes I binge. Stop do some sit ups or squats!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 28, 2013 at 7:37 PM

Go to youtube and search for HeyKayli. Most of her stuff is about DIY and hairstyles but she just started a body image series. She talks about when she had an eating disorder.

danie24
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 7:39 PM

Ya... I'm eating disorder of fries right now and they're fucking delicious.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 28, 2013 at 7:43 PM
I guess that would be a neat burn if it actually made sense.
Kudos to you.

Quoting danie24:

Ya... I'm eating disorder of fries right now and they're fucking delicious.

Tckosdk.2012
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 7:44 PM

Can you call your past therapists for advise? Do you have any resorces?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 28, 2013 at 7:49 PM
This is one of the main reasons my ED has never really 'gone way'...I know I'll always be in recovery; however, all of my resources were in the hospitals or residential facilities I went to. Where I lived, eating disorders are not dealt with often...and I just moved to a different state, so that doesn't make it easy, either.

Quoting Tckosdk.2012:

Can you call your past therapists for advise? Do you have any resorces?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 29, 2013 at 3:08 AM

I have binging and purging tendencies but not diagnosed.

St Johns Wort helps with mild depression and anxiety

Relora helps with blocking the stress hormone, cortisol

Both can help you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 29, 2013 at 3:18 AM
Yes, I have a starve, binge cycle, but I can't purge. I often wish I could. Of course I get told I don't have a "real" ED since I don't purge, but I know that's rediculous. All I wish for is a healthy relationship with food, but it's an every second battle
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 29, 2013 at 3:23 AM
No, be HAPPY you cannot purge - it's one less addiction you need to get over during recovery. I can specifically remember the first time I purged - my 11th birthday. I'm 25 now. I started starving at 5. Such a vicious cycle.
Besides - just because you cannot purge - starving for a length of time after binging is essentially the same thing, and is actually considered an eating disorder...it's bulimia. There are several ways to "purge" and starving after binging is one.
*hugs*

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes, I have a starve, binge cycle, but I can't purge. I often wish I could. Of course I get told I don't have a "real" ED since I don't purge, but I know that's rediculous. All I wish for is a healthy relationship with food, but it's an every second battle
nyxiemist
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 3:31 AM

I'm a binge eater. I never purged though. For me I would binge when I was under a lot of stress. I have been doing really well with it lately. I am learning to face my stressor rather than using food to numb and hide from it. Some days are harder than others. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN