Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CPS: we are the GOOD guys

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I am getting so tired of people bashing CPS. Caseworkers work their butts off for hardly any pay to help protect the most vulnerable of children. We are required by law to look into all allegations that fit the criteria and yes sometimes we have to give a child back to a parent when they've only barely met the minimum necessary for reunification. We are not the BAD people. We are the GOOD people.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 28, 2013 at 8:30 PM
Replies (761-770):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2014 at 3:32 AM

At CPS,  as soon as mothers sign up for free prenatal care. Who would have to rely on welfare payments from the government to care for the child. We decide, during the pregnancy. If we think the child, from birth is at risk of abuse or neglect. Because of anything we feel would hinder the womans ability to raise the child properly. 

There are different reasos, why women are at risk of neglecting or abusing a child/ren.  Some of these examples are. A mental illness, mental disability or physical disability, that would prevent a woman from providing or caring for a child, when they are without support.  

When we take children from those women who are at risk of neglecting or abusing a child/ren. Then we get paid for doing our duty as child protectors.

If the children are raised by a capable carer/s, who rely on little to no welfare benefits. Then the government saves money.

Compared, to the bigger loss of money the government, would have lost to less deserving, welfare recipients, incapable of proving a standard level of parenting.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2014 at 3:54 AM

good

ABCMomma0211
by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 3:56 AM
Then explain to me why my neighbors have had 22 calls on them
mommytoacloud
by Angel on Jan. 24, 2014 at 4:02 AM
Im sorry but i disagree theres nothing good about putting a family through monthes of stress and anxiety over the revenge of a neighbor cps usualy comes after inocent well meaning families who just want a goods life with their children
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2014 at 4:04 AM

You people are incompetent.

mommytoacloud
by Angel on Jan. 24, 2014 at 4:05 AM
No in that case your being heartless bitches and its discrimination and im going to say it right now anyone tries to take my son cause i have CP is either going to end up murdered or sued so hard your children are sued

Quoting Anonymous:

At CPS,  as soon as mothers sign up for free prenatal care. Who would have to rely on welfare payments from the government to care for the child. We decide, during the pregnancy. If we think the child, from birth is at risk of abuse or neglect. Because of anything we feel would hinder the womans ability to raise the child properly. 

There are different reasos, why women are at risk of neglecting or abusing a child/ren.  Some of these examples are. A mental illness, mental disability or physical disability, that would prevent a woman from providing or caring for a child, when they are without support.  

When we take children from those women who are at risk of neglecting or abusing a child/ren. Then we get paid for doing our duty as child protectors.

If the children are raised by a capable carer/s, who rely on little to no welfare benefits. Then the government saves money.

Compared, to the bigger loss of money the government, would have lost to less deserving, welfare recipients, incapable of proving a standard level of parenting.

A-nony-mous
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 4:15 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

We decide, during the pregnancy. If we think the child, from birth is at risk of abuse or neglect. Because of anything we feel would hinder the womans ability to raise the child properly.

And a lot of those decisions are completely arbitrary and without logic or consistency. I've seen many women who lost their babies on the grounds that they might possibly maybe at some future time present an issue to the child even though they have no history of child abuse of any kind. They're being punished for a crime they have not commited yet and may very well never commit, no different than if the police showed up on YOUR doorstep tomorrow and arrested and charged you with first degree murder you hadn't commited and may never commit but were going to be punished for it anyway. 

How about the mother who lost her baby for a couple weeks because she had a poppyseed bagel during labor? 

How about the parents who lost their baby because they wanted a second opinion on his open heart surgery?

How about this father who lost his son because he's vegan:

Parents are punished for being good parents.

How about this almost comically laughable one where CPS harasses a father because he took his daughter to McDonalds and because he had to google the medication she might be on because they won't tell him what it is? Oh, did I mention that it's hysterical that some fatass 400+ lb social worker is lecturing ANYONE on healthy eating? She clearly has had more than a few hundred Big Macs in her time.

You should really listen to former Senator Nancy Schaffer's comments on CPS. ;-) It's very enlightening. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2014 at 3:35 AM

Three children have been found with bruises across their bodies, prompting police to arrest their foster carer in NSW's Hunter region.

On January 10, police were told three children in FACS NSW foster care in the Lake Macquarie Area near Newcastle had a number of injuries.

The children, two boys aged six and seven and a five-year-old girl, had obvious bruising on various parts of their bodies, NSW police said in a statement on Monday.

Child Abuse Squad officers later arrested the children's 47-year-old foster carer.

According to police, officers also seized more than 20 grams of cannabis,

Source

www.lukesarmy.com

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 29, 2014 at 3:56 AM

In loving memory of Jonas James Stadden who Died in Social Services Foster Care Aged 4

This was how Jonas looked the last day my partner saw him..

Jonas Died While under children's social care with temporary foster parents. Just a quick post for those who wish to know ? We now have a date for Jonas's funeral anyone who wishes to go and pay their respects could you please message for details. Thank you to everyone for their support through this miserable & devastating time x x x

SOURCES:

www.facebook.com/pages/Lukes-Army/164618923596855

http://www.lukesarmy.com/

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:40 PM

What a joke. ALL of the CPS workers I have ever dealt with would rather take kids away for minor "problems" that are not actually problems than take away the child that has been obviously abused by their parents.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured