Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

CPS: we are the GOOD guys

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I am getting so tired of people bashing CPS. Caseworkers work their butts off for hardly any pay to help protect the most vulnerable of children. We are required by law to look into all allegations that fit the criteria and yes sometimes we have to give a child back to a parent when they've only barely met the minimum necessary for reunification. We are not the BAD people. We are the GOOD people.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 28, 2013 at 8:30 PM
Replies (831-838):
shiny76
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:47 AM

i was a fosterchild in 2 states and had 4 diffrent case workers, the first two i never even saw, the third placed me in an abusive fosterhome, i ran away and they placed back in the same home...3 diffrent times, then an over crowded home 32 teenagers in one home and then when they couldn't find a place for me put me in a crisis intvertion hospital for 2 months and forgot about me, my 4th caseworker actually gave a damn about me got me into a good home, college (at 17) my own apartment once i wasn't a ward of the state anymore, we still talk to this day. 3 out of 4....and i saw many many more foster homes that were horrable, many many more case workers that were garbage, so you tell me their the good guys...i say no their just a notch above the bad parents, in the end the case workers and foster parents 75% of the time are only a touch better then the homes the kids actually came from...the kids are just paychecks to them and nothing more...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 237 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:48 AM
I think some workers genuinely care but others forget that cps is their to help families not tear them apart. Dh and i just regained custody after over a year. First social worker kept coming up with more and more requirements. She kept on maternity leave in april, kids were returned in june. She will not be allowed back because she was prejudiced and was not doing what she should have. Thanks to her my older kids were put back into an abusive situation because she didn't like me or my black husband. Second worker was awesome.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 238 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:03 AM
CPS is not good people. They are not your friend.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 66 on Oct. 19, 2014 at 7:17 PM

Anonymous
by Anonymous 239 on Oct. 19, 2014 at 7:19 PM
Bored?

Quoting Anonymous 66:

ahappymommy
by Platinum Member on Oct. 19, 2014 at 7:29 PM

CPS where I am, is a freaking joke!!! I agree that there are good caseworkers, but the ones here, if payed off enough, wont do a damn thing, trust me, they left my little cousin with child molester!!! She isnt there anymore, but her removal had nothing to do with CPS, we took matters into our own hands, she is safe now!

eadyT
by Crazy B*tch on Oct. 19, 2014 at 7:41 PM
Not lumping you in this. Before my bil got custody of his son. Mama did anything she wanted, including abusing the system. She used drugs, prostituted, under the same roof with her boys present. Not one time did CPS step in. When she lived with my bil, she beat the shit out of him and he let her. Why, because he knew he would go to jail. Do you think she got into trouble? No, not one time. Not even when she busted a glass on his forehead. After she lived elsewhere, he went to pick up my nephew for wrestling practice. She took a baseball bat to his windshield. Not once did cps step in on her. These boys calked my mil when they were alone and hungry. Finally bil got custody of one, she still claimed assistance for him and received it. No CS for bil. The older boy went to live with a father he barely knew. As my bil had raised him from 3 months old. IMO, this is why cps has a bad reputation. Unfortunately, this reflects on all.
N_maricle
by Platinum Member on Oct. 19, 2014 at 7:45 PM

I think most are good people, and some are on a power trip. It's sort of like cops... A lot of cops are in it for the right reasons. There are also some egotistical assholes who are corrupt. All it takes is one encounter with the bad kind to spoil someone's opinion of the whole lot.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN