Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

CPS: we are the GOOD guys

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I am getting so tired of people bashing CPS. Caseworkers work their butts off for hardly any pay to help protect the most vulnerable of children. We are required by law to look into all allegations that fit the criteria and yes sometimes we have to give a child back to a parent when they've only barely met the minimum necessary for reunification. We are not the BAD people. We are the GOOD people.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 28, 2013 at 8:30 PM
Replies (831-833):
shiny76
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:47 AM

i was a fosterchild in 2 states and had 4 diffrent case workers, the first two i never even saw, the third placed me in an abusive fosterhome, i ran away and they placed back in the same home...3 diffrent times, then an over crowded home 32 teenagers in one home and then when they couldn't find a place for me put me in a crisis intvertion hospital for 2 months and forgot about me, my 4th caseworker actually gave a damn about me got me into a good home, college (at 17) my own apartment once i wasn't a ward of the state anymore, we still talk to this day. 3 out of 4....and i saw many many more foster homes that were horrable, many many more case workers that were garbage, so you tell me their the good guys...i say no their just a notch above the bad parents, in the end the case workers and foster parents 75% of the time are only a touch better then the homes the kids actually came from...the kids are just paychecks to them and nothing more...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 237 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:48 AM
I think some workers genuinely care but others forget that cps is their to help families not tear them apart. Dh and i just regained custody after over a year. First social worker kept coming up with more and more requirements. She kept on maternity leave in april, kids were returned in june. She will not be allowed back because she was prejudiced and was not doing what she should have. Thanks to her my older kids were put back into an abusive situation because she didn't like me or my black husband. Second worker was awesome.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 238 on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:03 AM
CPS is not good people. They are not your friend.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)