Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

god is an imaginary person in the sky

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 378 Replies
9 moms liked this

God is imaginary to me, he was made up back in the olden days because people didn't have therapists and they weren't civilized.  They also didn't know about magic, they were just learning things. They didn't have electricity, TV, cell phones, laptops, computers, CafeMom, and they didn't know a quarter of what we know today.

They had this hero and they just made up fairy tales about him, as we do our celebrities today.  While there might have been a human man named God and Jesus, I don't believe there was a God (like Zues, or Hades) and I don't believe he has super powers and made the world or made us.  

It is a fictitious as Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny and Leprechauns.  They are all stories to get kids and adults to behave so they get something good.  It is to give good morals and the be happy, but it is all fake.

it sometimes scares me when people talk about how much they love god and how god is #1 in their life and how they put god above their spouse and kids.  It just makes me think they are soo psychotic talking like that.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 28, 2013 at 8:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MojoRising
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 8:44 PM
19 moms liked this
That's great for you. I don't care what you believe nor will I ridicule it. Maybe you could use me as an example and do the same.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 28, 2013 at 8:45 PM

I get ridiculed for being an atheist all over here and on facebook.  Every atheist I know gets ridiculed. They also get 'God' shoved in their face.  All the time.  

Quoting MojoRising:

That's great for you. I don't care what you believe nor will I ridicule it. Maybe you could use me as an example and do the same.

momto2boys973
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 8:46 PM
13 moms liked this
If that's what makes you happy, cool.
My life gave a complete turnaround for the better when I stopped thinking that and started forming a relationship with G-d. Once I was intellectually honest with myself in knowing G-d exists, everything else fell into place.
To each his own.
MojoRising
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 8:46 PM
9 moms liked this
So you do the same in return? That's mature and not hypocritical at all.

Quoting Anonymous:

I get ridiculed for being an atheist all over here and on facebook.  Every atheist I know gets ridiculed. They also get 'God' shoved in their face.  All the time.  

Quoting MojoRising:

HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 8:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Ignoring it works for me. Someone posts a God thing on my wall? I keep scrolling and ignore it. Someone tries to preach to me? I tell them it's not for everyone and keep on walking or ignore them if they're persistent.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MojoRising:

ajdahd13
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 8:47 PM
5 moms liked this
God is good.
janieishappy
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 8:48 PM
2 moms liked this

God is someone who gives you a sense of comfort when you are in need. 

kidlover2
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 8:48 PM
1 mom liked this
So be the bigger person or you are just the same as them

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MojoRising:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 28, 2013 at 8:48 PM
3 moms liked this

To YOU it is, you said He is imaginary to YOU...everyone does not believe as YOU do.

jillbailey26
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 8:49 PM
12 moms liked this

Well, everyone has their own belief.  If my belief makes me scary and psychotic, so be it.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN