Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

god is an imaginary person in the sky

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

God is imaginary to me, he was made up back in the olden days because people didn't have therapists and they weren't civilized.  They also didn't know about magic, they were just learning things. They didn't have electricity, TV, cell phones, laptops, computers, CafeMom, and they didn't know a quarter of what we know today.

They had this hero and they just made up fairy tales about him, as we do our celebrities today.  While there might have been a human man named God and Jesus, I don't believe there was a God (like Zues, or Hades) and I don't believe he has super powers and made the world or made us.  

It is a fictitious as Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny and Leprechauns.  They are all stories to get kids and adults to behave so they get something good.  It is to give good morals and the be happy, but it is all fake.

it sometimes scares me when people talk about how much they love god and how god is #1 in their life and how they put god above their spouse and kids.  It just makes me think they are soo psychotic talking like that.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 28, 2013 at 8:42 PM
Replies (371-378):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2013 at 5:25 PM

So, how would you feel if I was a Devil worshipper and just said out of nowhere, I'll pray to the Devil for you?

Quoting Schmoopi:

Here's the thing. I didn't talk to you about my beliefs in God. I didn't condemn you for your beliefs. Isn't it great to be able to have freedom of choice in what we believe? Just because you and I don't believe the same thing doesn't mean we don't share a lot of other commons. It doesn't matter at the end of the day who is right or wrong on this one.

I pray. I pray a lot. I pray for family, friends, people I like, and people I don't. It's just a part of who I am. It doesn't mean I want to thump my Bible on your head. It doesn't mean I think less of you for not believing the same as me. I am blessed with many wonderful people in my world. Not everyone holds my beliefs. How small would my circle be if we ALL believed in the same thing?

I wasn't saying I would pray for you to be rude. As I am sure you weren't sharing your beliefs to be rude to me.

Quoting Anonymous:

Don't. I don't believe in god, you are pushing your beliefs on me by saying this, it is rude.

Quoting Schmoopi:

I'll pray for you.

Schmoopi
by QueenOfAllThings on Mar. 30, 2013 at 5:27 PM
1 mom liked this

You really cannot compare the two. But ok, I'll play along. I'd be ok with it as long as your prayers weren't said with malice. I'd appreciate that you thought of me.

Quoting Anonymous:

So, how would you feel if I was a Devil worshipper and just said out of nowhere, I'll pray to the Devil for you?

Quoting Schmoopi:

Here's the thing. I didn't talk to you about my beliefs in God. I didn't condemn you for your beliefs. Isn't it great to be able to have freedom of choice in what we believe? Just because you and I don't believe the same thing doesn't mean we don't share a lot of other commons. It doesn't matter at the end of the day who is right or wrong on this one.

I pray. I pray a lot. I pray for family, friends, people I like, and people I don't. It's just a part of who I am. It doesn't mean I want to thump my Bible on your head. It doesn't mean I think less of you for not believing the same as me. I am blessed with many wonderful people in my world. Not everyone holds my beliefs. How small would my circle be if we ALL believed in the same thing?

I wasn't saying I would pray for you to be rude. As I am sure you weren't sharing your beliefs to be rude to me.

Quoting Anonymous:

Don't. I don't believe in god, you are pushing your beliefs on me by saying this, it is rude.

Quoting Schmoopi:

I'll pray for you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2013 at 5:32 PM

Well, I think both are rude, I did not ask you to pray to your imaginary god for me. It is rude to tell an atheist you will pray for them unless they tell you otherwise.  To me, it is rude, I am not in every atheist's head, so I try not to speak for everyone.  << I repeat for me, I think you are rude to say I'll pray for You, it is unwanted and I did not ask for it.

Quoting Schmoopi:

You really cannot compare the two. But ok, I'll play along. I'd be ok with it as long as your prayers weren't said with malice. I'd appreciate that you thought of me.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Schmoopi:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Schmoopi:

I'll pray for you.

Schmoopi
by QueenOfAllThings on Mar. 30, 2013 at 5:45 PM

I hope you have peace and grace in your life.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well, I think both are rude, I did not ask you to pray to your imaginary god for me. It is rude to tell an atheist you will pray for them unless they tell you otherwise.  To me, it is rude, I am not in every atheist's head, so I try not to speak for everyone.  << I repeat for me, I think you are rude to say I'll pray for You, it is unwanted and I did not ask for it.

Quoting Schmoopi:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Schmoopi:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Schmoopi:

I'll pray for you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 43 on Mar. 30, 2013 at 7:15 PM

Wow! Christians are having to take signs down as to not affend anyone and yet other beliefs are able to put them up. What happen to Freedom of Speech? Each should be able to say what they want without judgement. I am a Christian and believe that by judging another human is wrong and that one day I will be judged. I believe that we are all good human beings here and that it is our God given right to choose what we believe in. May God bless those of us that are Christians and may all others have a wonderful life as well...Amen

Quoting momto2boys973:

Quoting autodidact:

Oh please do enlighten me.

Quoting slcmom17:

Atheists have their own methods.

Quoting autodidact:
It's not the same. Atheists don't go door to door, ignoring no solicitation signs, to annoy people in their own home. Atheists don't tell people that they are going to be eternally tortured if they don't get with the program.

OK!

There you go

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2013 at 7:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks, ditto/

Quoting Schmoopi:

I hope you have peace and grace in your life.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Schmoopi:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Schmoopi:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Schmoopi:

I'll pray for you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2013 at 7:22 PM

I'm wondering why no response on this? haha, what a hypocrite!

Quoting Anonymous:

Soo funny! You get mad about her calling you a dumbass but you call her a MORON and an IDIOT! You have called me a lot of names throughout this post, pitiful, disgusting, pathetic, bitter, nasty, and you claimed I had a shattered image (makes no sense imo).

AND, you said and I quote: So I guess if you need to insult and demean others to feel good about yourself, that's worthy of everyone's pity and they should cut you some slack.  

Funny, you just did all this and more!  And, here, I want to quote you just one more time: But hey, I ended up feeling very sorry for the OP (I'm going to say momto2boys973), so if she needs so badly to he this bitter and nasty, I think we could at least give her that.  

^ Seriously, I now just feel sorry for you. You have worse things going on in your head and your life than I ever could have, I hope you get past your anger problems.

Quoting momto2boys973:

Quoting Anonymous:

Ok dumbass. I am not OP. I didn't say you were a psychopath. Get your shit straight.

Quoting momto2boys973:

Quoting Anonymous:

Jesus Christ. Write the "name" out. It isn't G-d. It is GOD. Its stupid to see you putting it like that.

Quoting momto2boys973:

So OP.... pulling a disappearing act after being caught on a lie???

No comments on the many examples of you calling those who believe in G-d "psychotic" and "delusional"? Do you still hang on to your claim that you never said those things?

So now I'm psychopathic AND stupid?? LOL

Sorry, but I do that according to my beliefs. I'd apologize for annoying you, but I honestly don't give a crap.

I didn't say you were, moron. I can read and there was no "Original poster" next to your brave "Anonymous".

I said now I've been called a psychopath AND stupid. So straight up YOUR crap and learn some reading comprehension.

Idiot

wilesmomma
by Gold Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 7:25 PM

Mobile Photo

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)