Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My ex...

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 8:52 PM
  • 14 Replies
Just tried to commit suicide. I feel so terrible. I know he did it because I refuse to take him back. But he was verbally and physically abusive, and he's a deadbeat. I'm not to fond of him, but I don't want him to take his life. :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 8:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 28, 2013 at 8:53 PM
It could be a scare tactic to get you back... I hope he is ok and the 72 psych hold will help him.
quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 8:53 PM
Be careful. Some abusive people use suicide attempts and threats to manipulate others. Dont get sucked in.
Toonkasmommy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 8:56 PM
He's in the ward now. His aunt called me and told me after blaming me of course.

Quoting Anonymous:

It could be a scare tactic to get you back... I hope he is ok and the 72 psych hold will help him.

Toonkasmommy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 8:58 PM
Yea I know, that's how my brother got his girlfriend back. He still hasn't changed a bit.

Quoting quickbooksworm:

Be careful. Some abusive people use suicide attempts and threats to manipulate others. Dont get sucked in.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 28, 2013 at 8:58 PM
Quoting Toonkasmommy:

For now ignore all text and calls from anyone on his side.... Get a friend of family member to screen your phone. You don't need that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 28, 2013 at 8:58 PM
I experienced the same thing. I stayed for 3 years with him cause I didn't want him to kill himself. But it didn't help him or me. After being away from him for a month while I was studying abroad, I came back and ended it. The month I was away from him was the most relaxed month I ever had. Coming back and thinking what I was going back to made me realize that I would just be miserable in that relationship. You can be a supportive friend, but you have to put yourself first. Ask his friends or family to help him. But do not make your life miserable just so he can get what he wants.
Tooth_Inspector
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 9:00 PM
My ex actually committed suicide because I was divorcing him. He threatened it all day an everyone kept telling me to not take him seriously, he wouldn't really. Well they got a shocker. I'm sorry but just know it is NOT your fault if he succeeds. You can not control other people's actions. It's been two years for me and I'm just coming around from all the guilt I've carried. Be strong, good luck :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LilliesValley
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 9:01 PM
That sucks. Stay firm in your decision and don't get sucked in. He has to figure this out. Hugs mama, its hard.
Toonkasmommy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 9:02 PM
I think I'll change my number tomorrow. They are crazy.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Toonkasmommy:

For now ignore all text and calls from anyone on his side.... Get a friend of family member to screen your phone. You don't need that.

Toonkasmommy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 9:03 PM
Wow. Your very strong. I'm happy you made it out.

Quoting Anonymous:

I experienced the same thing. I stayed for 3 years with him cause I didn't want him to kill himself. But it didn't help him or me. After being away from him for a month while I was studying abroad, I came back and ended it. The month I was away from him was the most relaxed month I ever had. Coming back and thinking what I was going back to made me realize that I would just be miserable in that relationship. You can be a supportive friend, but you have to put yourself first. Ask his friends or family to help him. But do not make your life miserable just so he can get what he wants.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)