Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Welfare Refund?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 63 Replies
1 mom liked this
If you go your whole life never using any of the money you contribute to safety net programs, do you think it should be reimbursed to you?

I realize this isn't how it actually works- it's more of a hypothetical question.

Discuss.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:29 PM
Bump!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:32 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Bump!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:32 PM

Considering you won't know if you need it or not until you are no longer here, how would you get a refund?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:34 PM
Perhaps you're refunded every ten years, etc.?
20? More? Maybe once you formally retire?

Quoting Anonymous:Considering you won't know if you need it or not until you are no longer here, how would you get a refund?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
PinkButterfly66
by Emerald Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:37 PM
5 moms liked this

So if I never have a fire, I should get a refund of my portion to the fire department? That's just stupid.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:39 PM
Fires aren't based on economic success/failure.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

So if I never have a fire, I should get a refund of my portion to the fire department? That's just stupid.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:39 PM
My kids go to private school, I am still waiting on my refund from my property taxes lol

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:40 PM
1 mom liked this
That's a choice.

Quoting Anonymous:

My kids go to private school, I am still waiting on my refund from my property taxes lol

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:43 PM
1 mom liked this
People that dont have kids pay for public schools too, how about only people that use them pay in, oh wait that would never work.... We all pay for things, all the time, that are never used, thats life. Also an argument could be made for welfare being a choice....

Quoting Anonymous:

That's a choice.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

MamaSnaps
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:43 PM

I pay school taxes on our vacation property, yet I don't have a child in that district or even LIVE in that district. I should get a refund on that, right?

I've never made a claim on my homeowners insurance in the 20 years that I've owned a home. I probably should get a refund on that too.

When I retire I won't be able to use Social Security because of my income. I defintely deserve a refund of that. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)