Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why would you want so many kids?!

Posted by   + Show Post
Hey moms,

It seems that big families are on the rise again or the new family trend these days.

I'm just wondering why so many of you are choosing to have big familes? (More than 3 kids)

How many kids do you have now and are you planning on having more?

How do you afford it and how are you able to care for so many kids?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:57 PM
Replies (11-20):
CuriousArentYa
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:54 PM

Well, our third pregnancy we got hit up with twins. After that he got snipped to make sure no more.

clusterkid
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:55 PM
1 mom liked this
I have 4 kids! We want 1 more! My husband works, I stay at home with the kids!
skittlefart
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:55 PM
4 moms liked this

I think so myself :) SO doesn't agree...but he has a penis, what does he know >.>

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting skittlefart:

I love kids/babies....I want 30....but I'll probably settle at 100...

That seems reasonable. ;)

photo 239313c9-3142-496c-b74e-7831f5d3107f_zpsc6281fe0.jpg
mommy2lexinmark
by Gold Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:55 PM
2 moms liked this
by accomplishment I mean having them and teaching them, and watching them learn and grow and love, it's an accomplishment

Quoting mommy2lexinmark:

I've always wanted a big family....currently pregnant with #6....we are doing well all around, and I feel ever one of my babies is such a blessing and a huge accomplishment...I obviously was meant to be a mommy
mrsrodgers0703
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:55 PM
1 mom liked this
I have one, and we are trying to conceive. I want five, but I'm not sure how many we will have. I love love love being a mom.
mich.el.le
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting skittlefart:

I think so myself :) SO doesn't agree...but he has a penis, what does he know >.>

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting skittlefart:

I love kids/babies....I want 30....but I'll probably settle at 100...

That seems reasonable. ;)

Absofrigginlutely nothing! 

Aislin
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:57 PM

More than 3 kids is a big family? I guess I have one then. I have kids and I am done. Its not overly hard to take care of them but that might be due to the huge age gap. 

LucyHarper
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:57 PM
7 moms liked this

We have five, soon to be six kids. We plan on having 2-3 more. We both wanted a big family and half of our kids sort of fell into our laps. My three eldest are my siblings whom I'm the guardian of, my 5 year old son is my stepson whom I adopted. My youngest son and the child who I am pregnant with now are my biological children, both of whom were planned. Our number of kids have nothing to do with being trendy, we simply love children and are able to care for many of them. Raising children really isn't all that expensive if you plan right. We have a pretty low income, about 40K a year, and we live comfortably. We budget and go without a lot of things that most people have, but don't really need, so we are able to provide everything that our kids need. We also balance our time so we spend a lot of time with them and we make sure to give each child individual attention, deal with their individual needs, and take an interest in their individual interests. All of our kids are fed, clothed, have a roof over their heads, and have a lot of people who love them. 

tennisgal
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:58 PM
5 moms liked this

BWAHAHA! Big families are the trend?? I don't think so.

We have four. We pray to have more (although we are hoping to adopt through foster care, but our regional rep was less than enthusiastic). I have realized that I was meant to take care of kids. This is absolutely my calling. Dh and I both come from very large (catholic, midwest farming) families. My mom is one of 13. My dad one of 7. Same for DH. We love coming from large families and it just feels right to us. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:58 PM
8 moms liked this

Most of the large families I know have a different definition of being able to afford kids than my husband and I do. They think "afford" means providing the bare minimum, while we think savings accounts, vacations, activities, and extras are all part of the package. I personally wouldn't have another kid if I was already struggling to make ends meet, but one of my friends is fine with it because they'll have "enough" money by pulling their existing children out of the sports/activities they're currently involved in. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN