Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why would you want so many kids?!

Posted by   + Show Post
Hey moms,

It seems that big families are on the rise again or the new family trend these days.

I'm just wondering why so many of you are choosing to have big familes? (More than 3 kids)

How many kids do you have now and are you planning on having more?

How do you afford it and how are you able to care for so many kids?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:57 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:59 PM

I have 3. When they get older and we are more settled, I will foster more. I want my kids older before I foster because I know a lot of the older kids come with issues. I want to give a stable home to those that refuse to be adopted but still want a family. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:00 AM
We are working on number 4 and would like more. I love having a larger family because there is never a dull moment, always someone to play with, so much love, lots of help, etc. We afford our children like the one lady said staying debt free and being frugal. Everyone of my kids gets attention. We multiply our love not divide
tennisgal
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:00 AM
1 mom liked this

Absolutely. I try very hard to make sure each of my boys knows this. 

Quoting mommy2lexinmark:

I've always wanted a big family....currently pregnant with #6....we are doing well all around, and I feel ever one of my babies is such a blessing and a huge accomplishment...I obviously was meant to be a mommy

Aislin
by Platinum Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:00 AM
1 mom liked this

I like bonus baby. Mine are 18, 17, 14 and 5 so similar age gap. I thought it would be weird when I was pregnant with the last but I love it.

Quoting mommymelissa76:

I have 4, but I only had three for 9 years, then my little bonus baby (as I like to call him) came along. Yes I can afford them and its easy to care for them seeing as the older 3 are now 17, 15 and 13..the baby is almost 4 and I have lots of helpers..lol

Peaceful.chaos
by Ruby Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:01 AM
For me, the logistics would be a nightmare. Most things are accommodating for a family of 4 or 5.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momto2boys973
by Ruby Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:02 AM
I have 2, I don't think we'll be having more, but DH initially wanted 4.
However, I have friends who have large families and they're very happy. Sometimes I wish I had the economic means to have more kids.
mommy2lexinmark
by Silver Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:03 AM
what things are you talking about?

Quoting Peaceful.chaos:

For me, the logistics would be a nightmare. Most things are accommodating for a family of 4 or 5.
soon2bmomof3619
by Tinkerbell on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:03 AM

We are trying for number 3, but have one angel baby. We are done after 3, but I'd always wanted 4, or maybe even 6, but we are good with 3, we've talked about it over and over. The only way we would have more than 3 is if I ended up pregnant with twins or more, or we have an opps later down the road.

VannaMae307
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:04 AM

I have 1 and am having no more. I give major kudos to the moms with big families, especially the ones that are still sane lol

FL2AK
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:05 AM
We have 4 and at one time had 5 when we had custody of my niece (she is an adult now). It really isn't that difficult. We do not plan on more, our youngest is almost 10. My husband and I both have good jobs and double healthcare coverage for our family.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured