Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why would you want so many kids?!

Posted by   + Show Post
Hey moms,

It seems that big families are on the rise again or the new family trend these days.

I'm just wondering why so many of you are choosing to have big familes? (More than 3 kids)

How many kids do you have now and are you planning on having more?

How do you afford it and how are you able to care for so many kids?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:57 PM
Replies (31-40):
mommymelissa76
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:06 AM

I thought the same thing! I thought there surely must be a mistake when I found out I was pg with him...but it turns out he is one of the best things to ever happen :)

Quoting Aislin:

I like bonus baby. Mine are 18, 17, 14 and 5 so similar age gap. I thought it would be weird when I was pregnant with the last but I love it.

Quoting mommymelissa76:

I have 4, but I only had three for 9 years, then my little bonus baby (as I like to call him) came along. Yes I can afford them and its easy to care for them seeing as the older 3 are now 17, 15 and 13..the baby is almost 4 and I have lots of helpers..lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:06 AM

I have 2...no more unless God puts one there. Tubes are tied. I turned the nursery into a playground. LOL

I.spit.glitter

I know my limits and my number was 3.

LiDoMama
We have a very similar viewpoint on this. Also I commend you for raising your siblings. That's a very noble thing to do.

Quoting LucyHarper:

We have five, soon to be six kids. We plan on having 2-3 more. We both wanted a big family and half of our kids sort of fell into our laps. My three eldest are my siblings whom I'm the guardian of, my 5 year old son is my stepson whom I adopted. My youngest son and the child who I am pregnant with now are my biological children, both of whom were planned. Our number of kids have nothing to do with being trendy, we simply love children and are able to care for many of them. Raising children really isn't all that expensive if you plan right. We have a pretty low income, about 40K a year, and we live comfortably. We budget and go without a lot of things that most people have, but don't really need, so we are able to provide everything that our kids need. We also balance our time so we spend a lot of time with them and we make sure to give each child individual attention, deal with their individual needs, and take an interest in their individual interests. All of our kids are fed, clothed, have a roof over their heads, and have a lot of people who love them. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SammiBaby
by Gold Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:08 AM
I have 2 and I'm done. Hell it's a surprise I even had 1 let alone 2.
Otterpuff
by Gold Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:09 AM
1 mom liked this
I have 1. Idk if ill ever have another but 2 is my max.
Peaceful.chaos
by Ruby Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:09 AM
Homes and cars just to name a few. The average home is 3-4 bedrooms and the average car fits 5. I'm sure a bunch of kids is easy for some, not something I would want to do though.

Quoting mommy2lexinmark:

what things are you talking about?

Quoting Peaceful.chaos:

For me, the logistics would be a nightmare. Most things are accommodating for a family of 4 or 5.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:10 AM
Some people collect Nicknacks I collect children.
They go from cute little babies to laborers!
Bonus welfare money and child tax credit!
Why would anyone NOT have a household of children??
sarahbsquare
by Silver Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:10 AM
1 mom liked this

i have 2 and only want 2 two beautiful boys.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

helema24
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:10 AM

i have 4 and am done. we love our kids and my youngest was a suprise se came at a time that was the right time because he was getting antsy and didnt know if he wanted another but really wanted another girl!! she can make him feel better with just a simple ba ba ba or daddy from her little mouth! i can tell that they will be just as attached if not more than our other children because of how she jumps at him when he walks in the room. children are a blessing and help their parents to feel better when they are ill or down in the dumps.

power bitch slap internetMuslim Cat prays towards Mecca. LoL by: wirgylovesamletoandshayaprofessor cat. replyI Like Big Butts and I Cannot

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)