Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why would you want so many kids?!

Posted by   + Show Post
Hey moms,

It seems that big families are on the rise again or the new family trend these days.

I'm just wondering why so many of you are choosing to have big familes? (More than 3 kids)

How many kids do you have now and are you planning on having more?

How do you afford it and how are you able to care for so many kids?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:57 PM
Replies (391-400):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:19 AM

We want a big family.  We have two and adopted a few more.  We rather help those children in need them have io children.  It makes me sick to see all those children in need any no one helping them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:19 AM
This.

No matter how parents of large families slice it, their kids don't get the attention they deserve. It's logistically impossible.

Quoting numonestunar:

Not fair? I was an only, i loved it. I do not think it's fair for 6 kids to have to fight for attention from mommy and daddy. Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

We currently have 3 and are planning on having at least 3 more. I have always wanted a big family. My DH and I are only children and hated it. The biggest thing I ever wanted was a brother and sister. Every year for christmas and my birthday I would ask for siblings. I think having just one child is not fair to that child.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:23 AM
How are you going to pay for all of their educations?

Quoting MamaCourtney617:

I think you may be hanging with the wrong crowd. All of my friends with kids do so much for their kids and take them places without compromising anything else, one is a single mom due to the passing of the father and travels with her kids every weekend to cheer competitions. It's amazing. I am pregnant with #4 and we take weekend trips regularly and take our kids to do activities regularly as well.... on 1 income. We have a lot of bills and don't go without, but you have to know how to handle your money I guess. The only reason a family doesn't do family activities and experiences is their own lifestyle choice. Different people have different priorities.

Quoting Anonymous:

Most of the large families I know have a different definition of being able to afford kids than my husband and I do. They think "afford" means providing the bare minimum, while we think savings accounts, vacations, activities, and extras are all part of the package. I personally wouldn't have another kid if I was already struggling to make ends meet, but one of my friends is fine with it because they'll have "enough" money by pulling their existing children out of the sports/activities they're currently involved in. 

mem82
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:26 AM
We have four and want a fifth. We won't have another unless we feel we can afford it. We budget and we home school which I think saves money. We don't live in the stone age either. We have several video game consoles and four tablets. My hubby, oldest daughter and I all have cell phones. We don't make tons of money. It is all about priorities. 8)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Momto8kidsyay
by Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:44 AM
1 mom liked this
My H and I worked and paid our way through college and our kids are doing the same. They've all gotten academic scholarships so far (the 3 old enough) and most will live at home at extra two years and take classes at our local branch of the main univ. They'll have a little bit of loans but not much. Where there's a will, there's a way. And I think they work harder when they have to find that way. I know I did.
Byrd15
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:50 AM

I don't get it either, but I certainly don't judge. If they want 5, 6, 7, 9 kids, then so be it! I am perfectly happy with 2 and it will stay that way. :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

TheDoctorsWife
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:51 AM

I just have one and not sure if I want anymore. IDC what other families do.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:52 AM

my friend had 3 girls, they tried once more (hoping for a boy) and ended up with twin girls...she's fixed now and happy with her little estrogen team lol.

Crafty8852
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:54 AM

I have 2, DS is 13 and DD is almost 9. I miscarried a couple years ago, a pregnancy 'suprise', but I suppose everything has a reason. I just wasn't meant to have more <3

Krystle21
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:21 AM
I've always wanted a big family 5-6 kids but I stopped at 3
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)