Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

borderline personality disorder

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 44 Replies

does anyone here have it?

if so how does it effect your day to day lives?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:03 PM
1 mom liked this

A doc told my mom that I had it when I was hospitalized at 16. I'm not sure if he was correct or not though, he only spoke to me once for maybe 5 minutes. That hardly seems like enough time to make a diagnosis, know what I mean?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:06 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

A doc told my mom that I had it when I was hospitalized at 16. I'm not sure if he was correct or not though, he only spoke to me once for maybe 5 minutes. That hardly seems like enough time to make a diagnosis, know what I mean?

yeah, well how are you now, like have you researched it do you think you fit the dx, most doctors wont dx bpd untill 18 or older

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:11 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:12 PM

My step daughter's mom has it...
She isn't getting any help for it though so she's pretty fucked up. She's lost custody of all three of her kids...and she's been in a mental hospital a few times

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:14 PM

Back then and up into my 20's I was beyond hyper and crazy 24/7. I had no self control, I was just running wild at full speed while still feeling depressed deep down. I had constant racing thoughts, I yelled at my boss once for reprimanding me, I was horny constantly...I wasn't okay or normal. I couldn't control my actions no matter how hard I tried. I'm normally a really nice, fairly modest person. That was NOT like me at all. At around 30 years of age a switch went off and I'm an entirely different, calm person. I have no clue wtf was wrong before, meds did nothing.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

yeah, well how are you now, like have you researched it do you think you fit the dx, most doctors wont dx bpd untill 18 or older

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:15 PM

My teen has bipolar 1 and boardeline personality disorder , if I had to sum up describing her it would be " she's very emotionally draining " ,she does what she wants when she wants and will do whatever nessacery to get it and don't care who or what she hurts in the process

JZB
by Gold Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:15 PM
Bump 4 tomorrow
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lifeisajoy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:16 PM

That's a common thing for people with borderline personality disorder that meds do nothing.  They also either very into sex, money, or drugs

Quoting Anonymous:

Back then and up into my 20's I was beyond hyper and crazy 24/7. I had no self control, I was just running wild at full speed while still feeling depressed deep down. I had constant racing thoughts, I yelled at my boss once for reprimanding me, I was horny constantly...I wasn't okay or normal. I couldn't control my actions no matter how hard I tried. I'm normally a really nice, fairly modest person. That was NOT like me at all. At around 30 years of age a switch went off and I'm an entirely different, calm person. I have no clue wtf was wrong before, meds did nothing.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:18 PM
1 mom liked this

From what I understand it could have been triggered by the abuse (every type you can think of) from my family. 

Quoting lifeisajoy:

That's a common thing for people with borderline personality disorder that meds do nothing.  They also either very into sex, money, or drugs

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:20 PM

can you explain what caused her to lose her kids, and be hospitialized?

Quoting Anonymous:

My step daughter's mom has it...
She isn't getting any help for it though so she's pretty fucked up. She's lost custody of all three of her kids...and she's been in a mental hospital a few times

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN