Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Baby Dies after Routine Vaccination for Hep B, Polio, and DPT

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 147 Replies

Poll

Question: Has your doctor ever recommended getting routine vaccinations while sick?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 160

View Results

Update:

On February 21, 2013, a one month-old baby girl died after receiving her first vaccinations. Baby Ayushi Gupta died at the Maltibai Hospital, Thane, West Mumbai in India just hours after receiving her vaccinations for Hepatitis B, DPT (diptheria, pertussis and tetanus) and oral pulse polio drops.

In the Western World, it is unusual for a child this young to receive so many vaccinations at one time, but according to the Indian Academy of Pediatrics (IAP) vaccination schedule, this procedure is normal. [2] In fact, as soon as a child is born in India, they are given the BCG, OPV O (oral polio) and the Hep B vaccination. This vaccination schedule is especially frightening when you consider that, according to the mainstream media, polio has been almost been completely eradicated in India.

Baby Dies after Routine Vaccination for Hep B, Polio, and DPT

by Sarah, The Healthy Home Economist on March 19, 2013

baby

A one month old baby whose parents warned doctors that she was ill and had a cough, has died within hours of receiving routine vaccination for Hepatitis B, DPT and oral polio after doctors decided to proceed with immunization anyway.

The doctors told her parents that the cough was caused by a change in the weather and continued with the vaccinations despite their protest. This February 2013 case calls to mind the 2011 incident where a baby girl who had a cold was vaccinated by doctors anyway. Stacy died a short time later from meningitis, an illness she was vaccinated against.

In this most recent case of doctor vaccination negligence, baby Ayushi began to cry immediately after the vaccinations took place, according to reports in The Mumbai Mirror.

Doctors were again unconcerned about the situation, informing her anxious parents that she might cry the entire day and this was a common side effect of vaccination. Their only suggestion was to take Ayushi home and feed her two hours later.

Following the doctors’ advice, the parents took their baby home and fed her some milk two hours later. When they tried to wake her a short time later, she did not move.

The parents rushed Ayushi to the hospital but she was pronounced dead on arrival. The vaccine batches from which Ayushi received her shots and drops were subsequently checked and verified as “normal”.

Why are Sick Children Routinely Vaccinated?

Why was this child given vaccinations when she was obviously sick? Ayushi’s parents are wondering the same thing as they have filed negligence charges with local police against the hospital.

Apparently, Ayushi’s situation is far from unusual. Many Indian children receiving a large number of vaccines at one time are sick, malnourished and may even live in shocking conditions without access to clean water.

Children deemed high risk by doctors may receive up to 7 additional vaccines on top of the 50 that are received by age 5. These children include those affected by HIV, chronic cardiac and pulmonary disorders, asthma, liver disease, renal issues, diabetes, and blood issues.

Even those children receiving long-term steroid therapy, immunosuppressive treatment, or radiation therapy are given additional vaccines – some of them triple vaccines like MMR and DPT.

According to the September 2005 issue of Babytalk magazine, Dr. Paul Offit MD, Chief of the Division of Infectious Diseases and the Director of the Vaccine Education Center at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia said:

“A baby’s body is bombarded with immunologic challenges – from bacteria in food to the dust they breathe. Compared to what they typically encounter and manage during the day, vaccines are literally a drop in the ocean.”

Furthermore, Dr. Offit estimates that studies “theoretically” indicate that an infant could handle up to 10,000 vaccines at one time safely.

If a healthy infant can easily handle 10,000 vaccines a day, then certainly a baby with a cough like Ayushi can handle only 5 immunizations in a single day, right?

Except when they don’t. As cases like baby Stacy and now baby Ayushi show, the theoretical is not translating into actual.

Far from it.

Rest in peace baby Ayushi. May the negligent, incompetent medical staff who vaccinated you when you were ill be brought to justice.

Sarah, The Healthy Home Economist

Sources: Baby Girl Dies Hours after 5 Vaccinations

Infant Health: The Truth About Vaccinations(aka the gospel according to Dr. Paul Offit)

sad

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:09 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:10 PM
My children weren't vaccinated until 2 months.. For anything.
WinterRosesmom
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:12 PM
No vax at all ever i lost a niece just like this 18 years ago
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:12 PM
4 moms liked this
If the parents didn't feel comfortable why did they allow the doctor to give their child the shots?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kansasmom1978
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:12 PM

Our pedi. says if they have had a fever or feel sick within 48 hours to wait. He won't do it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:13 PM

I thought two months is when they started other than the vitamin k and hep b at birth. Am I wrong?confused

Quoting Anonymous:

kansasmom1978
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:13 PM

Besides this you have to sign consent for vaccines! If the parents protested why did they sign?

O-Gia-Baby
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:14 PM
Sad a month is too early
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momto2boys973
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:14 PM
My doctor was always very through in checking my boys before vaccines. The tiniest sign that they were sick and he wouldn't give them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 28, 2013 at 11:15 PM
Nope, not in Canada. That's an American thing. We don't vaccinate for anything at birth.

Quoting Anonymous:

I thought two months is when they started other than the vitamin k and hep b at birth. Am I wrong?confused

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)