Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You weren't trying? Puh!

Posted by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:13 AM
  • 440 Replies
29 moms liked this
I am so annoyed when people say that they got pregnant, but weren't trying. If you are assuming both parties are fertile, and are having completely unprotected sex, YOU ARE TRYING! That is the whole purpose of sex; to create a baby!
What do you think is going to happen when you assume you're fertile, and have unprotected sex? A potted plant will fall out of you? No!

Case closed.

Edit: It's clear that some people know exactly what I'm talking about, some don't and some people need to dissect and pick apart what I am saying, to be argumentative. I'm talking about those couples, who stop all forms of birth control, become pregnant, and tell everyone they weren't trying. Also I do not subscribe to the "we're not preventing/but not trying" or "whatever happens, happens" logic. To me, that's trying. YOU KNOW what is going to happen, if you assume you are fertile, and it is not going to be a potted plant!

And if you are having sex with no form of birth control, but are under the assumption that one of you is not entirely fertile, that is not trying. Best wishes to those of you with that experience.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
crazymom21
by Gold Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:14 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol
partingwhisper
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:15 AM
1 mom liked this

it gives me a giggle 

Mommy2b2many
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:15 AM
14 moms liked this

Uh... okay. To me trying is doing invitro; or taking your temp every day; or using a fertility monitor or undergoing fertility treatments.  DH and I were open to the idea but weren't trying; it just happened to land on the right day and viola.

jojo_star
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:16 AM
44 moms liked this

There is a difference between actively trying, and just not preventing. To me, trying is wanting a baby, charting, having sex during ovulation (on purpose). Not using anything, or using and having a bc failure, that is what I consider not trying. But to each their own, how they define it. 

skittlefart
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:16 AM
32 moms liked this

I'd make beautiful plants if they fell out of my vag...

photo 239313c9-3142-496c-b74e-7831f5d3107f_zpsc6281fe0.jpg
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:16 AM
2 moms liked this

lol I did not try.  I simply let nature take its course.

AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:17 AM
27 moms liked this
I have sex because it feels good.
conweis
by Platinum Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:18 AM
2 moms liked this
What if you were on birth control....
Jodie2299
by Bronze Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:18 AM
2 moms liked this
If you aren't preventing, you are trying. I get the idea that maybe people don't want to tell themselves they are trying, for fear that they may be disappointed. But that's what it is. Completely unprotected sex IS trying (again, when you assume both people are fertile, of course).

Quoting Mommy2b2many:

Uh... okay. To me trying is doing invitro; or taking your temp every day; or using a fertility monitor or undergoing fertility treatments.  DH and I were open to the idea but weren't trying; it just happened to land on the right day and viola.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:19 AM
2 moms liked this
Dh and I weren't trying but we weren't preventing either. If it happened, it happened.

Eta: I have my tubes tied now, so definitely trying to prevent pregnancy. Although no method is 100% except not having sex at all.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)