Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

c-section vs. natural birth (emotions)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 81 Replies

I had to have an emergency c-section with my daughter inturn im not a good candidate for a vbac :(

I told my husband today im a little depressed and jealous because of this. His ex was able to have a vaginal birth ON her due date and my husband was present and got to experience all those emotions. I feel like the emotions during a vaginal birth are different then a c-section. Idk how to explain it. I know alot of this is probably just hormones.

I wanted an all natural birth more then anything else. Were as his ex wanted drugs drugs and more drugs. Why does it work out that way?

Do u ladies think like my husband and say all births have the same emotional value?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angeleyes16
by Silver Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:31 AM

I've only had vaginal, but I would think that a c-section would be a lot more stressful. 

mommymelissa76
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:32 AM

For me it was definitly different. I had a c section with my first and I felt like such crap afterwords. I hated the way I felt..like a train wreck. I had 3 vbacs after that..I felt so much better...almost immediately back to normal and able to focus more on my baby instead of how shitty I felt. Im sorry you are not a good candidate :(...Just keep in mind no matter how baby comes, the love is still the same :)

Mamabear010
by Gold Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:33 AM

Why aren't you a good candidate for a VBAC?

EmilysMom2010
by Ruby Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:35 AM
I think you need to get over your husband's ex.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IFartGlitter
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:36 AM
I had a csec and a failed vbac. Instead of pride, I felt like a failure.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momto2boys973
by Ruby Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:36 AM
4 moms liked this
The purpose of giving birth is to have a healthy baby and mother. So I'm thankful for my C-sections, my boys wouldn't be here without them, probably neither would I.
I think many parenting sources have glorified childbirth as an "experience" and encourage the Google MD mentality that a woman knows better than her doctors. This sadly creates situations in which a woman feels depressed because she didn't give birth "properly". BS, there's no such thing. I look at my boys, at our family and I just feel lucky and grateful that my C-sections made it all possible
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:37 AM

because of the complications with my last pregnancy and my body never even tried to prepare of birth even after we did everything including pitocin. I went almost 43 weeks and nothing worked.

Quoting Mamabear010:

Why aren't you a good candidate for a VBAC?

JacksMom1221
by Platinum Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:37 AM
2 moms liked this
I had a c section. I heard my son's first cry, saw his beautiful face as my husband held him up, and was up walking fine the next day. I think there are pros and cons to both, but ultimately the goal is to have and hold your beautiful baby. Doesn't matter which road you took to get there. It's very sad to me that so many women would rather belittle another woman for not choosing the same birthing choices rather than support her in the journey through motherhood.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:37 AM
I am suffering with ppd that I believe stems from my csection. My first birth was a section followed by a vbac and my most recent was anothee section. I am hhurt over my birth amd am having a hard time bonding.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:37 AM
This. Who fucking cares how she had a baby, and considering you havent had a vaginal birth, dont knock the drugs lol

Quoting EmilysMom2010:

I think you need to get over your husband's ex.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)