Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Mormons...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Every Mormon I've met or Mormon mommy blog I've seen online has been nothing but perfection. These people are really ecstatic about life. It amazes me. They all seem to have nice stuff too. Nice jobs, nice houses, nice kids, etc.

Mormons, what is te secret?!
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 29, 2013 at 1:11 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 29, 2013 at 2:12 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Many i know are not like that. The others like my MIL are very practiced at being fake

sounds more like a biatch...:)

Anonymous
A good old Mormon boy used me, used my family, embarrassed me at my brothers wedding, made out with my nemesis, and broke my heart. He led me on for months just to make some money from my mother and then split. Not all of them are perfect.
ColieO
by Ruby Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 2:12 AM
Oh my God. No. They don't. Are there psychotic individuals that do? Sure. But it's not anything the church teaches.

Quoting Anonymous:

Family values look good when you believe in excommunicating family members that don't believe the same.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
Definitely not the ones I know. They all believe in having at least 5 kids whether they can afford them or not

Quoting ColieO:

Good family values and most tend to avoid debt at all costs. They promote having families you can afford, not ones you can't.

Oliviasmom72
by Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 2:13 AM
I know and work with a lot if Mormons. They are almost never on public assistance. Have good looking clean cut kids. Financially stable. A few Mormon men I know are absolutely exceptionally good looking and overall nice people. I don't buy their religion but you gotta admit they have some good close families.
ColieO
by Ruby Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 2:14 AM
That's a personal problem.

Quoting Anonymous:

Definitely not the ones I know. They all believe in having at least 5 kids whether they can afford them or not

Quoting ColieO:

Good family values and most tend to avoid debt at all costs. They promote having families you can afford, not ones you can't.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Oliviasmom72
by Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 2:17 AM
By the way I do believe Jodi Arias who is on trial for murder of her boyfriend was a Mormon. So was Travis. Still she is an exception to the rule most Mormons don't go around killing people or having sex with everyone.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 29, 2013 at 2:18 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Family values look good when you believe in excommunicating family members that don't believe the same.

if the family members don't believe- why the concern over excommunicating?

excommunicating only works when one BELIEVES.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 29, 2013 at 2:18 AM
Families are only close if they all believe. If one turns away from the church they are so as close anymore.

Quoting Oliviasmom72:

I know and work with a lot if Mormons. They are almost never on public assistance. Have good looking clean cut kids. Financially stable. A few Mormon men I know are absolutely exceptionally good looking and overall nice people. I don't buy their religion but you gotta admit they have some good close families.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 29, 2013 at 2:19 AM
In my opinion cutting ties with a family member because they don't believe in your religion is wrong.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

if the family members don't believe- why the concern over excommunicating?

excommunicating only works when one BELIEVES.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)