Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Mormons...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Every Mormon I've met or Mormon mommy blog I've seen online has been nothing but perfection. These people are really ecstatic about life. It amazes me. They all seem to have nice stuff too. Nice jobs, nice houses, nice kids, etc.

Mormons, what is te secret?!
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 29, 2013 at 1:11 AM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 29, 2013 at 2:21 AM
Of theirs. You can't paint all with such a broad generalization.

Quoting ColieO:

That's a personal problem.

Quoting Anonymous:

Definitely not the ones I know. They all believe in having at least 5 kids whether they can afford them or not

Quoting ColieO:

Good family values and most tend to avoid debt at all costs. They promote having families you can afford, not ones you can't.

ColieO
by Ruby Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 2:21 AM
Then please. Explain to me how over 100 family members on both mine and my husbands side that are Mormon still love us and accept us?

Quoting Anonymous:

In my opinion cutting ties with a family member because they don't believe in your religion is wrong.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Family values look good when you believe in excommunicating family members that don't believe the same.

if the family members don't believe- why the concern over excommunicating?

excommunicating only works when one BELIEVES.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ColieO
by Ruby Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 2:21 AM
That's what i meant.

Quoting Anonymous:

Of theirs. You can't paint all with such a broad generalization.

Quoting ColieO:

That's a personal problem.

Quoting Anonymous:

Definitely not the ones I know. They all believe in having at least 5 kids whether they can afford them or not

Quoting ColieO:

Good family values and most tend to avoid debt at all costs. They promote having families you can afford, not ones you can't.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 29, 2013 at 2:22 AM
1 mom liked this

A lot of it is a front.  Haven't you watched any of the Jodi Arias trial?  Travis Alexander was a mormon and putting up her poop shoot all the time, having phone sex, bj.s in parking lots, anal sex after her baptism.  They do what they want behind closed doors and you just don't hear about it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 29, 2013 at 2:24 AM
Exactly! People are people. Mormon doesn't equal perfect like they try to pretend.
Quoting Anonymous:

A good old Mormon boy used me, used my family, embarrassed me at my brothers wedding, made out with my nemesis, and broke my heart. He led me on for months just to make some money from my mother and then split. Not all of them are perfect.

marihla
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 2:26 AM

Well they focus on careers at ages that other people focus on dating and partying.

Former Mormaniac.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Mar. 29, 2013 at 2:26 AM
1 mom liked this

http://www.exmormon.org/

Must be some damn good koolaid.

Quoting ColieO:

Oh my God. No. They don't. Are there psychotic individuals that do? Sure. But it's not anything the church teaches.

Quoting Anonymous:

Family values look good when you believe in excommunicating family members that don't believe the same.

Devious333
by Ruby Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 2:29 AM
Lol this is funny to me considering most Mormons I know got married very young...it seems like they go to their BYU schools to find a spouse, too. Even the missionaries were talking about that. They still date and get serious young...

Quoting marihla:

Well they focus on careers at ages that other people focus on dating and partying.

Former Mormaniac.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 29, 2013 at 2:30 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

In my opinion cutting ties with a family member because they don't believe in your religion is wrong.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

if the family members don't believe- why the concern over excommunicating?

excommunicating only works when one BELIEVES.

Aww, but cutting ties and excommunication are two different things. Removal from the church and removal from the family are NOT the same.

justinnaimee
by Platinum Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 2:30 AM
1 mom liked this
Not even close to true. Both mine and dhs families are mormon. We are athiest. We have great relationships with both of our families.

Quoting Anonymous:

Families are only close if they all believe. If one turns away from the church they are so as close anymore.

Quoting Oliviasmom72:

I know and work with a lot if Mormons. They are almost never on public assistance. Have good looking clean cut kids. Financially stable. A few Mormon men I know are absolutely exceptionally good looking and overall nice people. I don't buy their religion but you gotta admit they have some good close families.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)