Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Mormons...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Every Mormon I've met or Mormon mommy blog I've seen online has been nothing but perfection. These people are really ecstatic about life. It amazes me. They all seem to have nice stuff too. Nice jobs, nice houses, nice kids, etc.

Mormons, what is te secret?!
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 29, 2013 at 1:11 AM
Replies (31-40):
gizmo538
by Bronze Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 2:30 AM

I think she's talking about the FLDS church. Not the same church as LDS but they get mistaken with each other sometimes. Warren Jeffs was (and I think he may still be) the president of that church. He excommunicated his brother and his brother's family.

I'd say google him, if you've never heard of him, but it's not a pretty read.

Quoting ColieO:

Oh my God. No. They don't. Are there psychotic individuals that do? Sure. But it's not anything the church teaches.

Quoting Anonymous:

Family values look good when you believe in excommunicating family members that don't believe the same.

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 29, 2013 at 2:32 AM

Yes, I know one that has a baby every year even though the mother is on full bedrest each time.  She's good though, cause they homeschool through a Christian website so the 13 year old daughter does EVERYTHING and members are asked to bring them meals throughout..

Quoting Anonymous:

Definitely not the ones I know. They all believe in having at least 5 kids whether they can afford them or not

Quoting ColieO:

Good family values and most tend to avoid debt at all costs. They promote having families you can afford, not ones you can't.

ColieO
by Ruby Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 2:33 AM
I'm an ex member with 90% of my immediate and extended family members. I think I know how it works.

Quoting Anonymous:

http://www.exmormon.org/

Must be some damn good koolaid.

Quoting ColieO:

Oh my God. No. They don't. Are there psychotic individuals that do? Sure. But it's not anything the church teaches.

Quoting Anonymous:

Family values look good when you believe in excommunicating family members that don't believe the same.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marihla
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 2:33 AM

Yes, yes. Even now, I see people that I knew as children getting married at 19. I don't understand it. You couldn't wait another year or two? I just mean that they really focus on careers and marriage and the big issues while others are partying and finding themselves.

Quoting Devious333:

Lol this is funny to me considering most Mormons I know got married very young...it seems like they go to their BYU schools to find a spouse, too. Even the missionaries were talking about that. They still date and get serious young...

Quoting marihla:

Well they focus on careers at ages that other people focus on dating and partying.

Former Mormaniac.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 29, 2013 at 2:34 AM

Then count yourselves lucky.

Quoting justinnaimee:

Not even close to true. Both mine and dhs families are mormon. We are athiest. We have great relationships with both of our families.

Quoting Anonymous:

Families are only close if they all believe. If one turns away from the church they are so as close anymore.

Quoting Oliviasmom72:

I know and work with a lot if Mormons. They are almost never on public assistance. Have good looking clean cut kids. Financially stable. A few Mormon men I know are absolutely exceptionally good looking and overall nice people. I don't buy their religion but you gotta admit they have some good close families.

justinnaimee
by Platinum Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 2:35 AM
1 mom liked this
It's because they're not allowed to have sex outside of marriage. How many people do you know who married at 19-25 and were virgins? I know many.

Quoting marihla:

Yes, yes. Even now, I see people that I knew as children getting married at 19. I don't understand it. You couldn't wait another year or two? I just mean that they really focus on careers and marriage and the big issues while others are partying and finding themselves.

Quoting Devious333:

Lol this is funny to me considering most Mormons I know got married very young...it seems like they go to their BYU schools to find a spouse, too. Even the missionaries were talking about that. They still date and get serious young...

Quoting marihla:

Well they focus on careers at ages that other people focus on dating and partying.

Former Mormaniac.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 29, 2013 at 2:36 AM
Yes. I think that's one reason many address not on PA. It's because they kinda use other church members as a form of PA. And out is quite common for older children to do lots of chores and help raise the younger ones. That's just one reason my DH didn't want any children when i met him.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes, I know one that has a baby every year even though the mother is on full bedrest each time.  She's good though, cause they homeschool through a Christian website so the 13 year old daughter does EVERYTHING and members are asked to bring them meals throughout..

Quoting Anonymous:

Definitely not the ones I know. They all believe in having at least 5 kids whether they can afford them or not

Quoting ColieO:

Good family values and most tend to avoid debt at all costs. They promote having families you can afford, not ones you can't.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 29, 2013 at 2:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Their hormones can't wait. That's why so many older couples are so unhappy. They didn't wait until they grew up and knew their own selves.

Quoting marihla:

Quoting Devious333:

Quoting marihla:

Former Mormaniac.

justinnaimee
by Platinum Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 2:37 AM
Please. Ya some arent cool with it. It happens with all religious factions. Mormons are very family oriented and if one falls away from the church they are taught to hold them closer in hopes of getting them back.

Quoting Anonymous:

Then count yourselves lucky.

Quoting justinnaimee:

Not even close to true. Both mine and dhs families are mormon. We are athiest. We have great relationships with both of our families.

Quoting Anonymous:

Families are only close if they all believe. If one turns away from the church they are so as close anymore.

Quoting Oliviasmom72:

I know and work with a lot if Mormons. They are almost never on public assistance. Have good looking clean cut kids. Financially stable. A few Mormon men I know are absolutely exceptionally good looking and overall nice people. I don't buy their religion but you gotta admit they have some good close families.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 29, 2013 at 2:37 AM

So that comprises the entirety of the Mormon community?

Quoting ColieO:

I'm an ex member with 90% of my immediate and extended family members. I think I know how it works.

Quoting Anonymous:

http://www.exmormon.org/

Must be some damn good koolaid.

Quoting ColieO:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)