Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

he's threatening to

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
Take my daughter if i have my bf around her. I'm seeing someone and things have gotten serious we are talking marriage. It has been 3 years since my daughters dad and me have been together. He's been married for 2 and cheated on her during the first year of their marriage.

They are now expecting their first child together, they can't take care of the kids they have from past relationships(her son our daughter his other kids).

They guy i've been seeing has a son that he sees and takes care of that is my daughters age. My daughter is 3 and the guy i'm seeing hasn't met her yet. My daughters dad has had his wife around her since he started taking her alone 2 years ago. This woman drinks does drugs and has even put my daughter out into the cold at 3am during one of her drunken rages(she has said that he took our daughter and left on his own).

When i brought it up about moving in with this guy i've been seeing for 2 years my daughters dad got uber pissed and said if i do he's filing for full custody. Bf says let him try and we'll do whatever we can to keep her.

Bf would never hurt my lil girl or me. Bf loves us both and only wants whats best for us, he's a hard working decent guy and is willing to help me raise my daughter like she is his. Granted bf lives in another city and my little girls dad is only willing to let me move out of state if i move ALONE with our daughter.

My daughters dad is super jelous and has threatend to beat up anyone that comes near us. Bf still lives in the same state as us.

I'll be going to see bf in two weeks and want to be prepared incase the move issue comes up. I know it will the only problem is my daughters dad.

My lil girls dad and me do not talk we currently have my mom doing pick ups and drop offs. Daughters dad doesn't want to see me with another man.....but he's married, how can i make him see he needs to get over himself and us because i do have a right to be happy just like he is?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 29, 2013 at 6:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RoseBlossom
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 6:59 AM
1 mom liked this

get a court order if you dont have one yet and tell what he is saying to the mediator. document everything and get a statement from your mom.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 29, 2013 at 6:59 AM
2 moms liked this

Easy ignore the shit out of him and tell him he's married and to mind his own business. Then tell him you have no problems going to court filing for full custody either. As long as your a good mom (which Im sure you are) you have no issues. He needs to move on with his life as you have done. Good luck to you.

NNB
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 7:01 AM
Wow! He sounds controlling and your not even with him. That shit wouldn't fly!!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
partingwhisper
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 7:02 AM
1 mom liked this

unless there is something in the custody agreement that restricts your personal relationships around your daughter, he can do nothing but blow hot air. he has no legal right to dictate your relationships as an adult. i suggest you return to family court concerning his threats. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 29, 2013 at 7:08 AM
Only communicate with him via text and email so that everything is documented. And only discuss things that pertain to your DD. He cannot dictate what you do with your life or who you choose to be with. The more control you give him, the more he will try to take. Go back to court and get a mediator involved. Good luck!
winterglow
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 7:09 AM

You did well to leave your ex. He's a controlling monster. The best thing you can do is ignore his threats. It's none of his business whether you live with your bf or not.

From what you say about him being unwilling to let you move out of state, I'm assuming that you have a court order for custody? IF so, it's HIGHLY unlikely that any judge would take your child and give her to her father for you simply moving in with your bf. Your ex would have to prove that you're an unfit mother and it doesn't sound like he has a leg to stand on.

Keep a copy of everything from your ex - phone calls, email, etc. You'll need them if he does actually try anything.

Do you think he'd be willing to pay good money to go to court for a case that he's absolutely sure not to win?

mommyspalace
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 7:10 AM
Been there hon with my exh he lost all 3 times he tried, not sure the state ur in but I think u would have to be proven unfit. I will warn u though be prepared for ur new relationship to be tested. My ex had Cps and cops at my house with anonymous false allegations for 2 years. It became a struggle for my SO and I. Good luck xo
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 29, 2013 at 7:13 AM
I'd like for my bf and daughters dad to meet that way he knows who our child is around. I know if they met though that would be the end of things with bf. Daughters dad is already calling bf gay because he hasn't slept with me and gotten me pregnant yet.

Bf wants to establish a relationship with daughter first...before we get married but daughters dad isn't having it.

Bf is the traditional type and wants to do things right. He's been to see me but i haven't been to see him. This will be my first trip alone to another city in my state. i know when bf see's my daughter he's going to fall in love with both of us even more(he's only saw pics of my lil girl).

i'd like for daughters dad to know that unlike him trying to replace me as our childs mom iam in no way trying to replace him as our childs father.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 29, 2013 at 7:14 AM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 29, 2013 at 7:17 AM
No i don't think he would. I'm not sure if this would help me or hurt me but iam already in counseling because of him.

He is currently running my name through the mud on fb and i've had no contact with him since moving other than the 2x we last saw him.

Quoting winterglow:

You did well to leave your ex. He's a controlling monster. The best thing you can do is ignore his threats. It's none of his business whether you live with your bf or not.

From what you say about him being unwilling to let you move out of state, I'm assuming that you have a court order for custody? IF so, it's HIGHLY unlikely that any judge would take your child and give her to her father for you simply moving in with your bf. Your ex would have to prove that you're an unfit mother and it doesn't sound like he has a leg to stand on.

Keep a copy of everything from your ex - phone calls, email, etc. You'll need them if he does actually try anything.

Do you think he'd be willing to pay good money to go to court for a case that he's absolutely sure not to win?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)