Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

video games for little kids

Posted by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 7:06 AM
  • 49 Replies

my kids really like to play video games, and i want to let them play a bit but we really don't have a lot that is appropriate for a 4yo and 6yo. i'm looking for stuff that has no killing (we have mario and jumping on the little enemies, whatever they're called, is about the extent of the killing stuff i'm ok with). i'd love some educational or puzzle-type games that aren't too hard. what do your little kids play? we have an xbox and a wii.

by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 7:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
partingwhisper
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 7:25 AM

the only games i allow my 9 year old are interactive games on his ipad. no solo player games yet. i dont think he is ready for that

12345abcde54321
by Platinum Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 7:41 AM

yeah i've heard the ipads have a lot of nice game for little kids. unfortunately we don't have that. i thought about buying them a leappad or something for easter but then i thought, no.. we have an xbox and a wii and there's gotta be age appropriate stuff available for those. i'm not sure i know the difference between interactive vs solo games..

Quoting partingwhisper:

the only games i allow my 9 year old are interactive games on his ipad. no solo player games yet. i dont think he is ready for that

partingwhisper
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 7:43 AM
1 mom liked this

they also have specialized autism apps in the app store that are greatly helping my son learn to interpret facial expressions and emotions in others. rocks. 

i do not want him getting lost in single player type video games. he has a very active imagination that could be stunted by staring at a screen for time on end. by himself

Quoting 12345abcde54321:

yeah i've heard the ipads have a lot of nice game for little kids. unfortunately we don't have that. i thought about buying them a leappad or something for easter but then i thought, no.. we have an xbox and a wii and there's gotta be age appropriate stuff available for those. i'm not sure i know the difference between interactive vs solo games..

Quoting partingwhisper:

happykitty316
by Platinum Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 7:45 AM

When my kids were little, they liked bowling & tennis.  They also had some Barbie games and race car games.

KelliansMom
by Platinum Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 7:46 AM
We play Lego (star wars pirates batman) video games with our son. He is four. Wii has some games with nick jr characters like team umizoomi.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
deadlights86
by Platinum Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 7:49 AM

You might have to look on amazon but the wii has lots of sesame street games my kids were on more advanced games by the time we got them so they never really played them but they are pretty cute.

december911
by Bronze Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 7:50 AM

Why don't you get them leapsters? either the tablet one or the explorer (handheld game) My dd is almost 5, she plays Mr. Pencil, Pet Pals, and some reading game that helps her learn. There are a ton out there that you can either download to the handheld or just buy the cartridges! My dd (2) plays mr pencil as well and has learned so much!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 29, 2013 at 7:51 AM
Lol just lol

Quoting partingwhisper:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 29, 2013 at 7:53 AM
My kids play GTA, MW3, God of War, Mine Craft, Medal of Honor and Black ops....so I am sure they will all grow up to be violent serial killers ;) (please here the sarcasm)
michiganmom5150
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 7:54 AM
My ds loves the Lego games. He has beat the pirates and batman ones. He just turned 7. He's still working on Indiana jones. They love the raging rabbids games. Those are kinda gross, cause the burp and stuff, but no killing. They shoot with plungers. Any of the Wii sports ones. Mariocart. Marioworld. Can't think of any others right now.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)