Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

has anyone done Insanity?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 43 Replies
And successfully completed it?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 29, 2013 at 8:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
christina0607
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 8:57 AM

I don't, but I know quite a few people who do use it. 

I don't know what ou mean by "complete" it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 29, 2013 at 8:58 AM

I did for 3 months. This was only a week in. And I didnt ever eat healthy or work out before. I wasnt fat just needed tone. I threw up the first 2 times and could barely walk for a week
EvilAsh
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 8:59 AM

I'm still too fat for that. I plan on doing it when I feel like I won't kill myself or break a limb.

EAzizM
by Erica on Mar. 29, 2013 at 8:59 AM
i did it for 2 weeks. it was awesome. i stopped because i left town and didn't take it with me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Crafty8852
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:00 AM

My boss did the insanity workout. He lost 30lbs and looks ripped now! He started it back in the fall, and he said the workouts kicked his butt at first but the meal plans were harder to adjust to than anything for him. If you can stick to it, give it a shot :)

CorpCityGrl
by Platinum Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:00 AM

Oh no don't say that!

Then why not start off with a different workout and work your way to Insanity.  You can do TurboFire.

Quoting EvilAsh:

I'm still too fat for that. I plan on doing it when I feel like I won't kill myself or break a limb.

CorpCityGrl
by Platinum Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:01 AM

Harder than p90x but worth it.  I'm a Beachbody Coach, so let me know if you have any questions.

EvilAsh
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:13 AM

LOL! I say it jokingly, I believe anyone can do most anything at any weight, but I'm out of shape and I have really bad joints. Loose ligaments, actually, so I have to be careful with what I do. I have made it through the 30 Day Shred up to week 3, it gets too hard for my body by that point. I tried it once for the 30 days, then once again I tried it just every other day and that worked better for me. That's a good program for us chunkies bahaha.

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

Oh no don't say that!

Then why not start off with a different workout and work your way to Insanity.  You can do TurboFire.

Quoting EvilAsh:

CafeMom Tickers
Maevelyn
by Gold Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:14 AM

I keep thinking about trying it. IDK I need to work out. all of my weight is in my stomach and I think its because I never really toned back up after having my kids, I just lost weight (if that makes any sense. I got thin but didn't get muscle.)

I'm the kind of person who puts on muscle weight pretty quickly. After I get down to a size 10 (those were the days) I start to gain weight back as I progress down in sizes. The best shape I was ever in was a size 5 (which was streatched across my hip bones) and I weighed like 125-130 pounds. It actually caused a big fight between my parents because I was 16 or 17 and my mom said something along the lines of "I was a size double zero at your age, you should at least be a 3" and my dad freaked out on her.  

danijean
by Gold Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:15 AM
I haven but my sister has with amazing results! I plan in doing it I just need to get it from her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)