Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Drill sergeant / TI husband?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 51 Replies
My husband wants to be a TI for basic training. Anyone in her have a spouse that does that? I told him I wasn't very happy about it. I'm afraid it will change him, I mean screaming at airman all day would transfer to home life right? Lol. My husband is a good man, I don't want this to stress our family out. Any one go through this? Did it change your spouse?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:59 PM

bump...

MyGlassSlipper
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:03 PM

LMAO, my hubby has been Army for many years ( since 18) and we met at 17.... and it does not change a person UNLESS they are naturally a bad person :/

Fairy tales do come true ;)

babyblue21
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:04 PM
My brother is one in the AF. Hasn't changed one bit! He is quiet outside of work, loves his job for the past 10yrs.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting MyGlassSlipper:

LMAO, my hubby has been Army for many years ( since 18) and we met at 17.... and it does not change a person UNLESS they are naturally a bad person :/

Dude, did you even read the post? My husband has been military since 18 years old, I'm asking about TI/ DI. Do you even know what those are?

edelweiss23
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:06 PM
1 mom liked this
I have many friends who are marine corps drill instructors.
It's all an act.
They get taught how to act like that.
Katalystic
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:08 PM

The Air Force doesn't even know how to scream at recruits- I think they whisper sweet nothings into their ears ;)

I'M JOKING- people- it's okay to joke! My Dad is retired Air Force.

Really, I think it's a decent job and it looks good for promotions, etc.

MyGlassSlipper
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:08 PM
2 moms liked this
ing Anonymous:

Quoting MyGlassSlipper:

Dude, did you even read the post? My husband has been military since 18 years old, I'm asking about TI/ DI. Do you even know what those are?

yes honey, we have been a military family for 9 years. My hubby has been a DI and an AI.... ( That would b a black hat Airborne Instructor)  Only a person with a mean mentality would become different I am so sorry since you want to be rude, WHAT IS HIS RANK? I believe you want to be put in your place... I WAS NOT rude to you, that make me believe you H is enlisted.... :/

Fairy tales do come true ;)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:11 PM

Quoting MyGlassSlipper:

ing Anonymous:

Quoting MyGlassSlipper:

yes honey, we have been a military family for 9 years. My hubby has been a DI and an AI.... ( That would b a black hat Airborne Instructor)  Only a person with a mean mentality would become different I am so sorry since you want to be rude, WHAT IS HIS RANK? I believe you want to be put in your place... I WAS NOT rude to you, that make me believe you H is enlisted.... :/

You were rude by acting like I'm ignorant in some way. My husband is easy going, I was worried that screaming at people all day and being pushy would some how affect his personality. He is an E-6. He has been in the military for 9 years. What's your husband's rank?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:12 PM

I went through basic myself and they definately didn't wisper sweet nothings, LOL.

That's true, it would look good on his EPRs.

Quoting Katalystic:

The Air Force doesn't even know how to scream at recruits- I think they whisper sweet nothings into their ears ;)

I'M JOKING- people- it's okay to joke! My Dad is retired Air Force.

Really, I think it's a decent job and it looks good for promotions, etc.

catchup29
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:14 PM
1 mom liked this
My ex was a drill sergent. I swear they had to gave included asshole 101 in his training. My now husband has been military 23 years, he ran the honor guard squad for 4 years, again asshole 101. I do think it changes them.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)