Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

keeping your kid up until 1am?

Posted by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:39 AM
  • 141 Replies
A friend of mine posted a picture saying her 2yo daughter is up at 1am. I didn't say anything but she caught hell for it. She keeps her up so she can sleep in and she said she has ample time to get her daughter on a schedule.
I'm just wondering if anyone else does this.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovinglife0682
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:40 AM
So sad. My cousin did that with her daughter. This baby is now 4 and is a complete mess.
Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:41 AM
1 mom liked this

My cousin did.  But she was a single mother, and got off work at 7 pm.  She did it so they could eat dinner together and spend time together.  It worked for them, and yes, by the time he went to school, he was back on a "normal" schedule.

mom4awesomekids
by Gold Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:41 AM

No way....besides there's no way mine would stay up that late they'd be passed out..they go to bed at 8 pm.

aidyns_mommy
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:41 AM
4 moms liked this
I don't, but I know people who have. Who work 2 shift and keep their kids up so they can see them. Live and let live. Not my kid, not my problem. If it is working for them than so be it. Hopefully if the mother sees any negative effects she will reevaluate the schedule.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Christy_517
by Silver Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:42 AM

Different strokes for different folks...but when it IS time to get on a real schedule, it's going to be tough! I know that from experience! My husband used to work 2-11 and my son liked staying up to wait for him and then we'd sleep in every morning. Then my son started preschool. He had to get up by 7am. So we had to train him to go to sleep by 8 or 8:30.

PinkButterfly66
by Emerald Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:43 AM

Nope, my daughter was in bed by 7:30 at that age.  It's irresponsible and stupid, imo.  I looked forward to the bedtime routine every day back then so I could have some "me" time.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:43 AM

i let my 5yo stay up late, like past midnight on rare occasion if somethings going on but thats about it. i would never keep my kid up late just so I can sleep in.

my friend does that with her 2yo...he has absolutely no sleep schedule. and then when her and her bf get into fights and he doesnt come home...shes upset, crying all night so she keeps the kid up with her...till like past 3am. She says the 2yo cant sleep because he knows daddys not home...yea right. he can't sleep cause you won't let him and keep him up to watch you cry, scream and talk bad about his father. talk about dysfunction.....hurts my head.

ajdahd13
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:44 AM

My SIL does with her kids, but then again she does A LOT of stuff I don't agree with. 

owl0210
by Emerald Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:44 AM
No my son is 3 and goes to bed at 7:30. I work full time and could never stay up that late lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MisterandMe
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:44 AM
We stay up all night my daughter is 13 months and was going to need at 4 some mornings..we are all working on our sleeping schedule. She now goes to bed at 1 am. Hopefully within the next couple of weeks our bedtime will be 9ish.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN