Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

keeping your kid up until 1am?

Posted by   + Show Post
A friend of mine posted a picture saying her 2yo daughter is up at 1am. I didn't say anything but she caught hell for it. She keeps her up so she can sleep in and she said she has ample time to get her daughter on a schedule.
I'm just wondering if anyone else does this.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:39 AM
Replies (21-30):
alisheamonet33
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:51 AM

oh hell no my children are in bed  at 9 even when school is out they dont have to go to sleep but in their rooms is a must i am a single working mother i need my me time

hp2011
by Ruby Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:51 AM
Lol I'm not worried. I just wanted some insight.

Quoting TSNDDY:

I think it's silly to be worried about a two year olds sleep schedule. My DD used to stay up late all the time, now she goes to bed at 8:30.

Not every families life and schedule is going to fit with the ideal time frame, its not that big of a deal.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
partingwhisper
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:51 AM

when our son was that little we did not have him on a very tight sleep schedule since he had a lot of night disturbances anyways. so we let him go to bed on his own time. sometimes 1 am

RMC007
by Silver Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:52 AM

Not until 2, but I have allowed my dd to stay up past her bedtime on the weekend in hopes that she will sleep in past 6:30 the next day. Her bed time is 8, last night she stayed up until 9:30 and slept until 7:30 this morning. As long as the kid is on some type of schedule, I don't see anything wrong with putting the kid to bed at a time that is best for the parents and not the standard 8 PM bedtime. When I worked nights, DH put dd to bed around10:30 so I could get more sleep. Of course this was before dd was in school.

weaveress
by Silver Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:53 AM

umm..no. my kids are asleep by 11 at the latest. and regardless of what time they go ot bed. they are all up at seven am except my oldest she is a nine-er

AnnLanders
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:55 AM

Never.  I can't stay up past 10:00!

AVSpecWife4
by Ruby Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:56 AM

I let my boys stay up late on the weekends, they are able to switch back for school. No issues.

im_not_trollin
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:56 AM

The latest mine have ever stayed up is 10. But that is extremely rare.

mich.el.le
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:57 AM

It's not healthy for the child. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:57 AM
When dd was between 1 and 2.5 she refused to sleep. She kept me up, it was a huge pain. Then all of a sudden she started getting tired st 8. So her bedtime is 8 pm. Every night. She wakes st 630 am. Sometimes she wants to ho to bed at 730 pm. She's nearly 3.5 years old now and is out in less than 10 minutes.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN