Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

keeping your kid up until 1am?

Posted by   + Show Post
A friend of mine posted a picture saying her 2yo daughter is up at 1am. I didn't say anything but she caught hell for it. She keeps her up so she can sleep in and she said she has ample time to get her daughter on a schedule.
I'm just wondering if anyone else does this.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:39 AM
Replies (31-40):
KairisMama
by Ruby Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:57 AM
Hell no. Mommy likes her quiet time at night. Lol. 8:00 bedtime.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:58 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't see an issue with it. People have different schedules.
cammy002
by Bronze Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:00 AM

hell no 7pm is bed time for my 5 month old and 7:30 for my 3yo

My3beautys
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:01 AM
If I have an apt early the next day I let my kids stay up tell they pass out because I want them to stay sleeping when I leave because they will cry the whole time I'm gone if they are awake and won't calm down for dh.
TattooedMomto4
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:02 AM
2 moms liked this
I did it with my sons when they were young. They were 10 hour sleepers and I was not putting them to bed at 7-8p to have them up at 5-6 (my sister put hers to bed at 7 & complained about them bring up at 4-5 in the morning). They went to bed at 11-12 & were up at 9-10. When their dad worked until 10-11 at night they stayed up until an hour after he got home. There was a time when he worked 18-20 hours a day in the oil field with one day off every 6-8 weeks so that was how they got time with their dad. When they started school and had to be up at 6 they went to bed at 8. They always got enough sleep, they were just on a schedule that worked for us. They are now men in their 20s and have no sleep issues or issues adapting to schedules.
othermom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:02 AM

I don't think it is okay personally, but some kids have weird sleep scheduals, or the parent has their reasons for it. As long as the child is getting enough sleep I wouldn't say much.

ms-superwoman
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:03 AM
2 moms liked this

I know a family who does this. The father works second shift, so everyone waits up for him and they have dinner, family time, etc... They also home school. Their life is no different from anyone elses, it's just at a different time.

lilpsmommie2011
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:03 AM
Sometimes I let my dd stay up late on the weekends, buy late for her is like 9:30; occasionally she'll stay up til 11. She generally goes to bed between 7 & 8, which she did on her own because I had originally set it between 8 & 9. The only time she stays til 1 or later is if she is sick.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rocks678
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:04 AM
4 moms liked this
I don't think what time they go to sleep matters. I think it's how much sleep the child is getting, that's what really matters.
lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:04 AM
My five year old is up at that time a lot. But not by my doings! He has ADHD and has a lot if difficulty sleeping.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured