Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

keeping your kid up until 1am?

Posted by   + Show Post
A friend of mine posted a picture saying her 2yo daughter is up at 1am. I didn't say anything but she caught hell for it. She keeps her up so she can sleep in and she said she has ample time to get her daughter on a schedule.
I'm just wondering if anyone else does this.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:39 AM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:04 AM
1 mom liked this
We did it. He's 6 now and had no issues when it came time to go on a schedule.
MistyMoo
by Ruby Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:05 AM
Not I.
LyTe684
by Ruby Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:06 AM
Hell no. not my kids. Lol
QueenAtargatis
by Gold Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:08 AM
2 moms liked this

I see nothing wrong with it at all. We all have to be up at 6 am, so it's not something we'd consider, but if her schedule allows... what's the harm? It's not irresponsible, just different.

Jessiejem
by Gold Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:10 AM

NO !!!

she should already be on a schedule and at your friend is a shitty mom , sorry . She wants to sleep in ??? You give up that luxury when you become a mother .

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:14 AM
When my oldest was 6m-1yr she stayed up about that late every night..not so I could sleep in, but because that's when her lung failed and she had a lot of trouble breathing.
QueenAtargatis
by Gold Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:16 AM
2 moms liked this

Really? As long as her daughter is sleeping enough, and going to bed/waking at relatively the same time daily, she IS on a schedule. This does not make her a shitty mom. =/

Quoting Jessiejem:

NO !!!

she should already be on a schedule and at your friend is a shitty mom , sorry . She wants to sleep in ??? You give up that luxury when you become a mother .

Hellobabies
by Gold Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:18 AM

My kids are 2 and will not take naps at all, they fall asleep every night at 6:00 pm because of this and wake up around 6:00 am. It works for us, they would most definitely not be happy campers if I made them stay up until 1 am

firespurity
by Ruby Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:22 AM
1 mom liked this
my daughter was a natural night owl. She stayed up late all the time when a thing child. She is now 6 in school and does wonderfully. She often has top performance in her class and she is involved in dance where she also performs excellently. No harm as long as the child gets enough sleep.
jlbelknap35
by Platinum Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:23 AM
1 mom liked this

my SIL lets her kid stay up till forever and come school and work time they pay for it but they still do it. I couldnt do that, I enjoy the time after the kids go to bed and if needed it lets me get stuff done around the house. my kids have been up to that time before (lots of things going on and they don't sleep well in the car) and they do NOT sleep in, they still get up at there usual time and just are cranky as hell the next day lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)