Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What kinds of things do you put in your kids easter baskets.??

Posted by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:50 AM
  • 26 Replies
I have 2 kids dd5 ds3. The "baskets" are a pail and shovel and to go inside I got sidewalk chalk, bubbles, play doh, baseball bat and baseball, marbled balls (the big bouncy ones), a coloring book and crayons, a chocolate bunny, peeps, gummy carrots, and they will hve a hard boiled egg with their name on it. The balls wont fit in the pails but Ill put it next to it. I dont do stuffed animals anymore because they have to many and instead of baskets I always try to get something they can use. I like to put spring/summer toys in their baskets because they have to many toys but not that many outside toys. I was gonna buy them kites but I went through my closet last night to find plastic eggs for a easter egg hunt and found their still unopened kites from last easter.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
partingwhisper
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:52 AM

a coloring book set, some small toys, and a tiny bit of candy

lendales_mommi
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:53 AM

This year I am dpoing some cool things. I found this Marth Stewart recipe to actually put candies and little prizes inside of real eggs. I am so excited to try this although it seems like a lot of work. He usually gets a few eggs with candy money and prizes like tattoos or little miny games and what not. SOmetimes I buy him one big gift and just put little stuff around it. Last year I got him one of those KIDPROOF cameras on sale for 20 and spent about 10 on candy it was the coolest basket I ever made I think. Easter egg hunt is a BIG thing in our family so I do even more for that. 

-42-
by Platinum Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:54 AM
Anything and everything. Usually a DVD, always some outside toys, and their favorite candies. I try to put more things and not so much candy in there.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:54 AM
Candy, books, coloring stuff, small toys, and a DVD.
-42-
by Platinum Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:55 AM
1 mom liked this
Care to share that recipe? Sounds really neat!

Quoting lendales_mommi:

This year I am dpoing some cool things. I found this Marth Stewart recipe to actually put candies and little prizes inside of real eggs. I am so excited to try this although it seems like a lot of work. He usually gets a few eggs with candy money and prizes like tattoos or little miny games and what not. SOmetimes I buy him one big gift and just put little stuff around it. Last year I got him one of those KIDPROOF cameras on sale for 20 and spent about 10 on candy it was the coolest basket I ever made I think. Easter egg hunt is a BIG thing in our family so I do even more for that. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:55 AM

We use buckets too. They have their names on them. This year they are getting pool stuff like diving sticks, snorkels, squirting toys, beach towel, sandals, and a new spring outfit.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:56 AM
We don't do baskets. I really find this a pointless "Holiday". My MIL will always gets them stuff though....
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:56 AM

Some flip flops,sidewalk chalk,bubbles, window clings and jelly beans.

weaveress
by Silver Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:57 AM

i quit doing baskets a few years ago. so i just make them a pile on the couch. oldest got 2 necklaces and a sax sticker. son got a ds game. and youngest got a minnie mouse bowtique set. they are 12,9,3. 

they get clothes from grandma in the same fashion. we don't do candy because they go to 3-4 easter egg hunts. so they don't need any more candy. 

YuppyMom
by Silver Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:59 AM

I always used the same mebtality I did at Christmas--and got them things I knew they would like or want--any toy, etc...

My kiddos are older now...but this is some of what they are getting this year...

11 year old -- Several Nerf guns with Nerf ammo, a Beatles T-shirt, a YOLO T-shirt from Hot Topic, Wii U games, Xbox Games, Kinnect Games, iTunes cards, 100 dollars --I still have to work on his...

Daughter  15--  a few outfits, a pair of heels, a couple pair of fancy sandles, 100 dollars, iTunes cards, a bunch of books she wanted from Barrnes and Noble (even though she has a kindle and kindlefire and iPad she still likes to collect hard cover copies of books), a harry potter wall hanging, harry potter's wand, a harry potter keychain, a Hunger games T shirt, and some stuff I can't even remember....

Son 13 is gett8ing less gifts because his BIG gift is a 2400 dollar item....but he is still getting an SAT prep book he wanted, a couple books, Magic Cards and Dr. Who stuff, 100 dollars

They are all getting Easter candy of all kinds as well....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)