Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Say NO to ChuckE...? Lysol Update

Posted by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 11:17 AM
  • 171 Replies

I don't allow my kids to go to Chuck E Cheese, because of the germs. I don't think I should have to go around disinfecting everything they touch just so they can go to a stupid birthday party. Do any of you keep your kids away from this place too?

I'm not really good at keeping up with all the questions, so I have to do it here.

Answers to questions:

I don't consider myself a germaphobe, but I do wipe down the grocery carts (they have towels for that as you walk in), keep their hands clean at public parks, stress good hand-washing skills, and try to teach my children to keep their hands out of their mouths. Both of my kids are surrounded by germs at their schools, but I have seen their teachers cleaning and sanitizing daily. In other words, I did stress about that, but I'm not too bad now. I clean other things like the car and our bathroom, lol. And, I do walk around with a Lysol can when we have been ill to wash door knobs and light switches and anything else I think might have germs. Otherwise, we're pretty normal.

OK, I have to put the Lysol thing in perspective, lol. I was only referring to walking around with Lysol in my home.

I know there are germs everywhere, and I do tend to avoid high traffic play places like the mall food court play area. I just don't think we need to introduce children to as many germs as possible to see if they survive, lol. Where I can avoid it I do.

by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 11:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 29, 2013 at 11:17 AM

No, I just make them wash their hands. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 29, 2013 at 11:18 AM
1 mom liked this
Poor kids.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 29, 2013 at 11:18 AM
Boo! You're NO fun!!
KayelynnsMama
by Gold Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 11:18 AM
4 moms liked this

No. I don't. My kids are allowed to live life without fear that they will get a germ on them. They have been to Chuck E Cheese plenty of times and have never gotten sick over it.

UxorQuodMatris.
by Ruby Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 11:19 AM
No, they went last night for a school fundraiser.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TugBoatMama
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 11:19 AM

Same here. Never again with that place. My middle child got extremely ill from having his party there.

SuperPickle
by Gold Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 11:19 AM

My kids have never been to one simply because the "food" is disgusting and it is one big nightmare of unsupervised brats(and I am not just talking about the kids LOL...I have had more issues with nasty adults)......I dont mind germs....

ETA it also helps that the nearest one is over an hour drive away anyway...

banana-bear
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 11:20 AM
1 mom liked this
Are you one of those moms that Lysols EVERYTHING?
KelliansMom
by Platinum Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 11:20 AM
No I take my son every few months or so for fun. There are germs every where we just wash our hands a bit more.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 29, 2013 at 11:20 AM
2 moms liked this

No. The world is full of germs. Unless you have your kids in a bubble they are going to touch something that is full of germs. Do you clean your bathroom every time someone uses it? If not its full of germs.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN