Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Say NO to ChuckE...? Lysol Update

Posted by   + Show Post

I don't allow my kids to go to Chuck E Cheese, because of the germs. I don't think I should have to go around disinfecting everything they touch just so they can go to a stupid birthday party. Do any of you keep your kids away from this place too?

I'm not really good at keeping up with all the questions, so I have to do it here.

Answers to questions:

I don't consider myself a germaphobe, but I do wipe down the grocery carts (they have towels for that as you walk in), keep their hands clean at public parks, stress good hand-washing skills, and try to teach my children to keep their hands out of their mouths. Both of my kids are surrounded by germs at their schools, but I have seen their teachers cleaning and sanitizing daily. In other words, I did stress about that, but I'm not too bad now. I clean other things like the car and our bathroom, lol. And, I do walk around with a Lysol can when we have been ill to wash door knobs and light switches and anything else I think might have germs. Otherwise, we're pretty normal.

OK, I have to put the Lysol thing in perspective, lol. I was only referring to walking around with Lysol in my home.

I know there are germs everywhere, and I do tend to avoid high traffic play places like the mall food court play area. I just don't think we need to introduce children to as many germs as possible to see if they survive, lol. Where I can avoid it I do.

by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 11:17 AM
Replies (171-171):
GhettoKoolAide
by Lighthouse Blues on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:24 AM
My son went for his first birthday. Children have allergies ( food and sinus) and are much sicker because parents are over protecting them as far as germ. How does one stay clean at a public park? Sounds pretty damn boring.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)