Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Consider your children's future stepmom.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 144 Replies

What kind of role would you like her to have in your kids life?

Purely HYPOTHETICAL. For those of you that don't know what that means...

It is like "what if They were getting a step-mom?"

I'm sure we will still the responses such as, "This will never happen to me." or "My kids don't/won't ever have one." LOL!. 

WHAT IF?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 29, 2013 at 11:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 29, 2013 at 11:24 AM
1 mom liked this

I wish she didn't exist, but since she does - she doesn't play any role in my son's life, because I won't allow his father in his life.

thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 11:25 AM
2 moms liked this

She would be a mother figure to my kids. She would have some what of a say in how they were raised, I would want her to be involved. I would become friends with her even if I didnt like her.

firespurity
by Ruby Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 11:25 AM
1 mom liked this
eh she can be a support to their father's involvement.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MomTo2Boys12
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 11:25 AM
1 mom liked this
This will probably count as 'never happen to me' i dont know... But I just don't feel like thinking about it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 29, 2013 at 11:26 AM
1 mom liked this

What kind of SM? Hmmm the kind that stfu and knows her place. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 29, 2013 at 11:27 AM

i would just want her to love them and be there for them. I want them to like her and respect her. I want her to be their friend. 

What I don't want is for her to think that she is going to take over and change the schedule or change the way we do things. I don't care about her opinion but I will respect her as long as she respects my children. I would have no problem with her picking the kids up or dropping them off as long as it was drama free. 

I trust that my ex will pick a good woman to marry. He has a good track record ;)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 29, 2013 at 11:27 AM
My son would never have one. There really are no what ifs. For the sake of this post I'd at least want her to be involved but I would never want her to actually be a mom to him.
Dungonecrazy
by Silver Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 11:28 AM
4 moms liked this
She'd be exactly who she is. My ds has a step mother, and she's everything he and I could want in a step mom. She's loving, caring, accepting of my ds, she's just as involved in ds life as his father and myself are. I take her concerns into consideration, she doesn't overstep any boundaries, and th boundaries were never set, they're unspoken, but she still respects them. Honestly, I'm glad she is a part of my ds life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
I.spit.glitter
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 11:28 AM
1 mom liked this

I'd rather not have to deal with one period but it's possible. I really don't want her playing any role. I want her to stay in her lane as his Wife and  be respectful to my kids and leave everything else up to me and my Ex.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 29, 2013 at 11:29 AM

then why answer at all?

Quoting MomTo2Boys12:

This will probably count as 'never happen to me' i dont know... But I just don't feel like thinking about it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN