Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

We needed that money so bad! *long sorry*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 180 Replies
Dh lost his job earlier this month. He is working now but he took a very significant pay cut (going from 800 a week down to 400).
We have the following bills due:
Electricity: 335
Gas: 98
Water: 49
Cell phones: 198
Car payment: 200
Rent (due on the 1st) 750
Insurance due on the first: 178

We have one pack of chicken, one pack of beef, some potatoes, a box of stuffing and a loaf of bread. Ds is wearing his last diaper and is almost out of wipes.
We have $120 to our names, nothing (literally nothing) to pawn, all the baby stuff is sold already. We have a box tv (pawn shops won't take it), no computer, no tools, nothing. Not even a DVD player.
I was supposed to get $2300 today from student loans, I kept checking the bank and it wasn't there so I called them. Well, I wasn't on the list from my college to get them, and the college is closed today. I checked my email and they said I haven't made sufficient progress.
I'm going to turn my car in to the dealership, I can't afford $100 a week anymore. I'm trying to find an apartment but we don't have the money to get into one right now.
Our cell phones may get shut off, which is my only means of communication and I have a toddler plus I'm pregnant.
I don't know what to do anymore, I'm so lost. I am about to spend my $20 (dh has the $100 in his wallet at work) to get diapers, wipes and milk for ds.
I'm stuck, I'm sick to my stomach about all of this right now, I just want it all to end! (Not my life, just the stress, I am NOT suicidal)

Sorry, I needed to vent.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 29, 2013 at 1:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 29, 2013 at 1:04 PM
(((Hugs)))

Hang in there :)
It WILL get better. GL!
kidlover2
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 1:05 PM
Are there food pantries or churches near you? Do you have any friends or family?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 29, 2013 at 1:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Hugs. I remember a point in my life where it was exactly your situation. Struggling and worrying about how we would manage. Somehow we did it though. We kept plugging away. Nothing was sold or pawned, nothing was shut off, we just did it. I don't know how to be honest, but we did, and eventually things came together for us. It's only natural to stress and worry about these things, but I found that if I let go of that stress, it worked out. I do know I called utility companies, and was able to work with them on my bills. Maybe give that a shot? Hang in there.
Elle.tea.22
by Ruby Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 1:09 PM

Find a job? Even though he found a job, is he still looking for an other?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 29, 2013 at 1:09 PM
Yes we're members of a church but I don't want to be judged for the position we're in.

Quoting kidlover2:

Are there food pantries or churches near you? Do you have any friends or family?

Allie_kat1
by Gold Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 1:10 PM
8 moms liked this
Use the $20 to get a pack of prefold diapers and a cover. That way you don't have the recurring cost of disposable diapers. Cut up old receiving blankets or tshirts and wet them with a mix of water and a bit of baby wash for wipes. Apply for any type of assistance you can get, I know is not ideal, but you need to have some help till you can get back on your feet. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 29, 2013 at 1:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Call 211. It should work in most areas. They might be able to hook you up with emergency assistance. 

minnesotamommie
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 1:11 PM
Go to social services this is what they are there for
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AnnRmommaof3
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 1:11 PM

Food bank, clothing bank, diaper bank. Find some in your area. Go see if you can get on WIC and food stamps. Check into free medical for the baby and you and hubby. And start searching for a job. You can usually get free child care for the child.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 29, 2013 at 1:11 PM
We don't even have a washer and dryer, or the money to use the laundromat. How am I supposed to wash cloth diapers?

Quoting Allie_kat1:

Use the $20 to get a pack of prefold diapers and a cover. That way you don't have the recurring cost of disposable diapers. Cut up old receiving blankets or tshirts and wet them with a mix of water and a bit of baby wash for wipes. Apply for any type of assistance you can get, I know is not ideal, but you need to have some help till you can get back on your feet. Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN