Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

vent! *UPDATE* *UPDATE 2 in red*

Posted by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 1:02 PM
  • 14 Replies

Seriously! we made a deal with my mother in law. I watch her daughter everyday at my house she will she worked and she would add us on her cellphone plan and pay for our bill every month. I agreed and watched her daughter like the agreement was said and of course BAM we get a call this morning " I need 180 for your phones" uhhhh wtf NO! we aren't paying it and of course she is going to burn bridges over little shit like that. Why can't people support themselves? She can't afford the damn cellphone bill but of course has the money to buy a expensive ass Chandelier. She wants to be able to afford Easter dinner but it's like damn we invited my parents over but if we pay her 180 we won't be able to afford to do Easter dinner ourselves. Ughhhhhh am I being irrational?

UPDATE!
DH has simply stated "Ain't no way in hell I am paying her a cent, so don't even stress over brandy!" so I guess we are just saying screw you to her. She lost $170 and her future cheap full time baby sitter :)

I am FUMING, MIL went crying and bitching because nooone ever helps her out and how her house is messy. We spent like 4 hours picking up HER house while she just sat on her ass dictating us! "THROW THE TRASH AWAY" "PUT THE BOXES IN MY CAR" "COMEON GUYS YOU ARE SO SLOW" "STOP MESSING AROUND AND GET IT DONE". So finally we finished then she started nagging about the cell phone bill. DH FREAKING THROUGH $140 AT HER!!! I was sooo pissed I told him not too. And the shit eating grin she had on her face when he handed it to her made me want to punch her self asorbed face! Then she asked "Soooo who wants to goto ponderosa for dinner? I only have enough money to pay for me but lets go out to eat!" ARE YOU FREAKING SERIOUS!!!!!

Ok vent is done!

On a positive note. Meijer had 'fake' crab sushi 40% off so we got it for 2 dollars a piece. We picked up two. SCORE! 

by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 1:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 1:03 PM
2 moms liked this

your MIL has a child young enough to need babysitting?

Pennerb924
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 1:03 PM
Sorry for the mistakes my phone writes what it wants too!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Pennerb924
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 1:04 PM
Yeah she's 3 had her in her late 40s

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

your MIL has a child young enough to need babysitting?

LyTe684
by Ruby Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 1:05 PM
Do you live with her?
ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Mar. 29, 2013 at 1:05 PM

I don't think you are...she should be paying for the sitting.

Pennerb924
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 1:06 PM
Nope we live on our own

Quoting LyTe684:

Do you live with her?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 29, 2013 at 1:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Tell her to take it out of the money she owes you for babysitting
LyTe684
by Ruby Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 1:07 PM
Then charge her for babysitting, and use that money to pay your cell phone bill.

Quoting Pennerb924:

Nope we live on our own

Quoting LyTe684:

Do you live with her?

IWantOneMorePlz
by Gold Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 1:07 PM

How many hours did you watch her daughter?  Inform her that if she wants money for the phones, you want to be paid for daycare.  I am not sure of the going rate for daycare in your area, but 7 years ago when I used it, it was 125 week.  It would be a lot more now.

Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 1:10 PM

This is why you need such agreements in writing.  Ask her what she is going to pay you for child care. You and dh sit down and talk with her. If she is not going to pay for the phones as she said, then she needs to pay you money for babysititng, since she agreed.  Good luck.  Since it is family it makes it much harder. You are not being irrational. That was the agreement.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN