Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

To those who have dogs/pups. **kinda long**

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
Make sure your dogs/pups have their shots! We got a pup from a good friend of mine a lil over a year ago. According to her she took him to get his first shots and everything else he needed. She said she would have to look for the paperwork and she would mail them to me so I wouldn't have to make the 2 hour drive back to her house for them. Of course me being dumb believed her because we had been friends since high school. So a week passes and nothing. I call and text her and she says she hasn't had time to look for them bit she will. She also said his shots were good for a year and then I would have to take him for his next set. So I said OK. No rush you know. Well a year later nothing. So I made his next appt for his shots. Well a week before he hasn't been himself and was throwing up and being really depressed. SoiI took him in and he got tested for parvo. A deadly disease for dogs. Well it came back positive. Now I'm home injecting him with fluids and giving him medicine twice daily everyday. Doesn't look like he's getting any better. Although it is my fault I'm still angry with my friend because she lied. Why like about something like that. If I had known he didn't get anything I would have taken him when I first got him.

Know i don't what to do or how to explain to my son our doggy might not make it.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 29, 2013 at 1:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MomTo2Boys12
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 1:13 PM
Your post name made me think of scooby doo.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Aamy
by Ruby Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 1:15 PM

You should of asked for the name and number for the vet and that you would get the records yourself. Sorry hope your dog makes it.

jbirchard
by Gold Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 1:15 PM
Hope he makes it :(
Zazayam
by Ruby Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 1:19 PM

Wow, that's such a jerk thing to do. She probably told you because it's illegal to rehome an unvetted puppy in most areas (if not all) I guess. For future reference the first set of shots wouldn't have been good enough anyway, they need at least two sets, maybe more it's been a while, in the first few months and a rabies shot when they're older. They also need dewormed on a regular basis when they're puppies, or maybe a vet deworming is only once, I've always done the at home stuff.

That's so sad though, hopefully he makes it. I'm sorry :(

CuriousArentYa
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 1:21 PM

Parvo is a series of shots, did you not take him for the other shots? 

3_girls_86
by Ruby Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 1:25 PM
I would be pissed too! You should have asked for the vet info so you could get everything changed into your name with the pup. Shitty thing for your friend to do. I hope the little guy makes it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN