Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

woooooooow thanks for letting me know.....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 34 Replies

i co signed my sons lease for his apartment(he's 19), he pays the rent and all that jazz but he wanted to move out on his own after he graduated high school. anyway so i go over there to visit today since my son doesnt go into work until 3 pm on fridays, and he showed me his new tattoo that he got showed me the new furniture he got himself and i then noticed someone in the bathroom, throwing up...so i just ask him "do you have someone over?" he says "yeah and thats something else i want to talk to you about" i say "well what is it?" he then says "well you know how you havent come over here in a while because of whats going on with grandma and grandpa?" i nod yes and he continues "well i didnt want to add to your stress at all, but you remember Fae? the girl i told you that i met at the dealer ship before i moved here?" i nod yes again and he still continues "well me and her have been dating since i moved in here and idk what went wrong but shes pregnant" i look at him funny and say "shes pregnant? how far a long is she because i havent been over here in 4 1/2 months" he nods at me and says "shes been living here for 6 months and shes 16 weeks pregnant....we find out if its a boy or a girl in 2 weeks" i just smile at him and say "its going to be rough, especially since shes only 18 and your only 19" his eyes got wide and says "your not mad?" i just say "no, im disappointed because i wanted you to be more established, but im not mad at you, go check on her and make sure shes ok before she throws up a lung" he just laughs and bring her back out, i had never met her before, he olny told me about her, shes a sweet person from what i gathered by talking to her today and im actually glad my son found someone like her, shes a little on the strange side but so is my son...hell my son works at a harley dealership lol i was disappointed at first, now that i know they are both working i feel slightly better but im still worried and a little disappointed

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 29, 2013 at 3:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 29, 2013 at 4:02 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 29, 2013 at 4:02 PM
5 moms liked this

you handled that amazing! at this point, she's already pregnant so theres nothing yelling or disowning him can do. I got pregnant at 19 and wish my mother would have reacted how you did lol it'll be a hard road for them. hopefully this forces them to grow up, it doesn't for everyone but i'm willing to bet it will for your son. he has a job, he pays his rent, he supports him self. like i said, it'll be hard but having your love and support will mean ALOT. Not saying that you should help them financially or anything as i know some will read this and think that lol but just being there for him and accepting the situation makes a big difference. Congrats Grandma lol

partingwhisper
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 4:03 PM

oh momma, i am sure you were not ready for him to take this step in to adulthood quite yet. i feel for you

Retrokitty
by Ruby Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 4:05 PM
I got pregnant at 19 and I knew my mom would be happy but I was still so scared to tell her, and I didn't until I was 19 weeks!
Honestly being supportive is the only thing you can do :3
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mlg1989
by ZombieMegg on Mar. 29, 2013 at 4:07 PM
I was married and 20 and i was still nervous to tell everyone!
He is an adult now and hopefully continues working hard to provide for the family he is creating.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 29, 2013 at 4:08 PM

Quoting partingwhisper:

oh momma, i am sure you were not ready for him to take this step in to adulthood quite yet. i feel for you

no i wasnt, but whats done is done, i have no reason to be angry with them.they both work and they both have tons of money saved up for emergencies (cars break down that kinda stuff) plus like i said she seems like a really sweet person

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Mar. 29, 2013 at 4:09 PM

I was 19 on my first and knew my parents would be pissed. I told mom by handing her a posi preg test. Then the fight with Dad was on.

mommyspalace
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 4:09 PM
Ur an awesome mom, I hope If I'm faced with this ill handle it this well
o.O....
by Cara on Mar. 29, 2013 at 4:10 PM
Way to be supportive mama. When I got pregnant at 19 my mom told me I was only doing it to hurt her and then told me she was happy when I had a miscarriage...
Redwoods_Mama
by Platinum Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 4:10 PM

You handled that SO well.  Hats off to you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured