Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Keep it down

Posted by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 4:31 PM
  • 7 Replies
I wouldn't really say this is a confession, but yeah. There's ALWAYS kids running around this extended stay, being really, really loud. It's pretty irritating and my fiance is trying to rest before work. I was getting fed up and was going to say something to the manager but didn't want anyone to get kicked out coz the manager can be pretty strict. Keep in mind they're probably 7-11 so they're old enough to know people can hear you. I wouldn't mind if I could hear them a LITTLE, if they were not RIGHT by the doors, maybe further out in the parking lot. They were on top of the staircase, on the edge, hanging off the side of the rail. If they would've fell it would've been at leas 3ft but could really have got hurt. My fiance opened the door and said nicely but sternly, "Can you keep it down, please, and be careful." They seemd to have stopped. Some parents would freak out and get angry for no reason but if I had kids who were doing crap like that I wouldn't give 2 craps, actually would've appreciated it considering there was no supervision at all. Would you have minded, and why? Or would you have been cool with that, and why?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 4:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
partingwhisper
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 4:32 PM

you have every right to request that the parents reign in the noise level

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 29, 2013 at 4:33 PM
This is why I hate apartments and multi-family homes. As long as he didn't yell or wasn't mean I wouldn't mind. If it continued I would hope someone would let me know so I can handle it.
AnonyMOUSE715
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 4:37 PM
Yeah he was very nice about it and I'm surprised they were respectful and listened. I wish I knew where they stayed so the parents could keep an eye on them, as annoying as they are sometimes they don't need to get hurt. The parents would probably be upset if someone came the their door complaining about their kids though, lol. I'm sure they'd rather it be me than the mgr though

Quoting Anonymous:

This is why I hate apartments and multi-family homes. As long as he didn't yell or wasn't mean I wouldn't mind. If it continued I would hope someone would let me know so I can handle it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 29, 2013 at 4:40 PM
If they are outside the noise would not bother me and I would probably be pissed if someone told my kid to be quiet outside.
AnonyMOUSE715
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 4:49 PM
I mean, right in front of the doors? I just have an issue with them being right in front of the doors, if they weren't RIGHT there I would have no issue at all. Also if he didn't open the door they could've hurt themselves on the staircase.

Quoting Anonymous:

If they are outside the noise would not bother me and I would probably be pissed if someone told my kid to be quiet outside.

AnonyMOUSE715
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 11:52 PM
CuriousArentYa
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 11:56 PM

My kids would not have been allowed to do that, but IF they had somehow been let loose to do that, I would not have minded an adult correcting them, since they really were doing wrong. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN