Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why are YOU against organ donation?

Posted by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 5:00 PM
  • 543 Replies
4 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

I posted this as my FB status today and a friend on my list messaged me (at least they didn't post it as a comment) and told me that it was inappropriate of me to post this, its not my business to tell/ask people to be an organ donor and that she was slightly offended by the post. I haven't replied. I know that some people are not organ donors, do not wish to be and what not, I respect that, I thought what I posted was "tasteful" and just asking people to look and consider, not OMG YOU HAVE TO DO THIS OR I WILL HATE YOU manner.

So, if you are against Organ Donation, Why? I am curious about what was offensive about this status to those who are not or wish to be donors.

Eta: holy cow! My post is featured!! Thanks for all your replies! I haven't read them all yet. I will try to catch up. Some of y'all have stories that warmed my heart and some that broke my heart. Thank you for your replies, I have gained some perspective.

I replied to my friend and simply told her that I'm sorry she felt that way and that was not my intent.

For those that have trouble reading the picture here it is typed out.

I have a difficult and serious favor to ask of my friends and family today. I just renewed my car registration and they prompted me to visit "Donate Life Texas" I have always made it clear to my family and friends that I wish to donate my organs/tissue when I pass. If they are not eligible for donation, I ask that they use them for research. Today, I ask YOU (My friends and Family) To check out this website and consider signing up for organ donation and speak with your family and friends about this. I know it's a sad subject, no one wants to talk about their death, but it needs to be done. I also ask that you check out the National Bone Marrow registry. You never know when you will be a match. While it is a VERY painful procedure, it IS life saving. To me, a little pain is worth saving the life of another who has heard that death is eminent without this surgery.

So Please, Visit "Donate Life Texas" and consider the favors I have asked of you today.

https://www.donatelifetexas.org/mobilesite/
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 5:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Michaelsmom0522
by Gold Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 5:02 PM
3 moms liked this
I'm not. If there were more donors my g-ma would still be alive.
AliKatAK47
I'm bored
Yesterday at 10:40 AM
by Meanie Pants on Mar. 29, 2013 at 5:02 PM
7 moms liked this
I'm not. I would donate my organs. Not like I'm using them.
banana-bear
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 5:03 PM
18 moms liked this
I'm not. She's being a cuntface. You didn't post anything distasteful.
mtdew
by Silver Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 5:03 PM

Nah, I don't think it's inappropriate at all.  You were just stating an opinion. 

baquick
by Ruby Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 5:03 PM
((HUGS)) I am so sorry to hear that. :(

Quoting Michaelsmom0522:

I'm not. If there were more donors my g-ma would still be alive.
LadySlimm
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 5:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I am not. I give blood regularly too, even though it makes me dizzy when I do, and I am terrified of the needles. 

Aprilaaw85
by Silver Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 5:04 PM
6 moms liked this

Im all for organ donation. I also support stem cell research.

KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 5:04 PM
17 moms liked this

I am an organ donor.. And if I die unexpectedly but can save 1 or more loved ones of others.. then at least my tragedy becomes someone else's miracle.

There is no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one.

baquick
by Ruby Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 5:04 PM
3 moms liked this
I didn't think so, but I thought I would ask BrutalMom.com errr. Cafemom LOL. I don't believe I will respond to this, It will just stir drama.

Quoting banana-bear:

I'm not. She's being a cuntface. You didn't post anything distasteful.
PinkButterfly66
by Emerald Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 5:05 PM
1 mom liked this

No, it's not inappropriate to ask people to be organ donors.  I've been an organ donor since I got my driver's license at 17 -- 35 years now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)