Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Cross in front yard ....

Posted by   + Show Post
My neighbors have a cross in there front yard with flowers around it and stuff. I am catholic so it doesn't bother me , but would it bother you if your neighbors has a huge cross in there yard?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 5:28 PM
Replies (81-90):
WesternNYmom
by Platinum Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:45 PM

No. It is their yard.

ElizabethGracie
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:46 PM
1 mom liked this

As long as they weren't burning it and flying the Confederate flag while playing 'Dixie' and shouting 'death to the n-ggers!' I wouldn't care.

CafeMom Tickers

"Live as if you have faith and faith will be given to you"

ElizabethGracie
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:48 PM

I'm a Roman Catholic too! Have you been in those houses where there's a crucifix on every open wall space? I sometimes get a little freaked out in houses like that :-/

Quoting My3beautys:

I understand what your saying, I am Roman Catholic but I don't have a big statue of Mary in my yard. I think the whole thing is really pretty but they don't really have to put there religion on display.

Quoting tessamalk:

It wouldn't really BOTHER me, so to speak... but I don't think people should feel the need to make such a big presentation out of their faith, you know? Faith should be something personal and somewhat private, I believe. I feel like sometimes, people who do stuff like that (a big cross on the front lawn, or a HUGE nativity display at Christmas) are trying to prove something.

CafeMom Tickers

"Live as if you have faith and faith will be given to you"

lovehimforever
by Gold Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:49 PM

no. it is there yard. they can do what they please in it and with it. 

cryssi_renee
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:50 PM

As long as they aren't lighting it on fire I'm good. 

My3beautys
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:51 PM
Yes!!! That's my Grammys house!!! Lol my kids are freaked out by them. I am to but not as much as the kids.

Quoting ElizabethGracie:

I'm a Roman Catholic too! Have you been in those houses where there's a crucifix on every open wall space? I sometimes get a little freaked out in houses like that :-/

Quoting My3beautys:

I understand what your saying, I am Roman Catholic but I don't have a big statue of Mary in my yard. I think the whole thing is really pretty but they don't really have to put there religion on display.

Quoting tessamalk:

It wouldn't really BOTHER me, so to speak... but I don't think people should feel the need to make such a big presentation out of their faith, you know? Faith should be something personal and somewhat private, I believe. I feel like sometimes, people who do stuff like that (a big cross on the front lawn, or a HUGE nativity display at Christmas) are trying to prove something.

Kaylawv2
by Gold Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:52 PM
No
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HaleyCovington
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:54 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

No it's their property.
NoahandEliza
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:55 PM
The display of religious faith wouldn't bother me, but I can't say I wouldn't be annoyed if it were tacky or gaudy.
elliotmommytobe
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:57 PM
Wouldnt bother me as long as they arent bothered by a pentagram in mine
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN