Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

people who refer tto their pets as kids EDIT

Posted by   + Show Post

That gets on my nerves -_- lady at work kept going on and on about her "baby" and how it loves getting its picture taken...

I have a pet her name is Sadie I love her to death had her for years BUT I do not go around talking about her as if she were my dd oldest sibling she's my pet I will be devastated when she passes I don't hate animals or hate ppl who refer to them as babies its just something that gets on my nerves. I was just annoyed bc of the lady at work she has kids and grandkids but shows off her "baby" pics instead.
Pic page 25

my dog Sadie

by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:55 PM
Replies (181-190):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 33 on Mar. 30, 2013 at 10:10 AM

doesnt mean that they like there pets more. My pet is considered part of our family, stfu already

Anonymous
by Anonymous 34 on Mar. 30, 2013 at 10:21 AM

I never actually say anything, but internally I roll my eyes really hard when someone says that their pets are their children's siblings. Unless you're into bestiality, no they are not. I get it, you love your pets like your family, but not everyone is a pet person, and they have just as much right to think you are being absolutely ridiculous as you do to call your pet whatever you like. Your family, your furbaby (Which I think is a really stupid term) your kid, whatever. Yes you can call them all of that. Just like people who don't think the same way can think you're being silly. You tell the OP she's overreacting and you don't care, well she might not care that you think that either. It gets on her nerves, there's nothing wrong with that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 35 on Mar. 30, 2013 at 10:23 AM

My pets = My family. Get over it.

gemikris82
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 10:26 AM

i would put my furbabies ahead of many people.  they come before strangers

Quoting bad_mama2011:

I know, I hate it when people value animal life over human life, they're mentally unstable.

loving_my2boys
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 10:38 AM

Mobile Photo

Dis my furbaby...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MelanieMans
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 11:00 AM

I love my animals, but I could never love them as much as my son.

Zacksmama82411
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 11:01 AM
1 mom liked this

This was about a year ago, but my dogter (who is now 10) was my FILs service dog, she took care of him, not in any medical way persay, but when FILs cancer was getting worse and worse (she was about 1 when he was diagnosed) she would relieve his anxieties and destress him. When he started coughing up blood, she would put her head on his chest and keep it there until he stopped, when she didn't do it (if he was in the bathroom or something) he would have longer coughing fits. She is my dogter, and I will think of her as my dogter until the day I die, because she made my FILs final days better. Granted, DS will always come first, no doubt. But my dogter is our baby.. also, when I was pregnant, she would put her head on my belly and ds would kick, like he knew she was there. When I was having complications, she followed me everywhere.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 36 on Mar. 30, 2013 at 11:02 AM

I wish someone would tell that to my MIL and her annoying maltipoo. When we went to see her at Christmas she informed us that the dog was "number one around here"

MedicMommy2
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 11:06 AM

It only irritates me when I have to hear about it or when the kids call them their siblings. We have a dog, we love her, but she is a dog. She is not allowed on the furniture, or to beg for food, she has her own doggy bed. She is spoiled but bottom line is she is a dog.

Zacksmama82411
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 11:09 AM
People who can have children will never know the emotions of not being able to have children either, so there is a huge difference of opinions. My parents bought Lucy when they couldn't conceive, then after 8 years, adopted my sisters, then I came along. Take that into consideration when you say that
(Ironically, our dogter is lucy, and I got pregnant when she was 9 years old, after being told I could never get pregnant)

Quoting Anonymous:

People who don't have children will never know the emotions of having a child, so they don't know any better. Having said that, I find it irritating too when people talk about their pets as their "kids". They aren't, even though they can be like a member of the family. We were devastated when our pet dog died, but didn't cry when our grandmother died, so the emotions are def grief, but it's just not the same when you (heaven forbid) lose someone like your (real) chld.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)