Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

people who refer tto their pets as kids EDIT

Posted by   + Show Post

That gets on my nerves -_- lady at work kept going on and on about her "baby" and how it loves getting its picture taken...

I have a pet her name is Sadie I love her to death had her for years BUT I do not go around talking about her as if she were my dd oldest sibling she's my pet I will be devastated when she passes I don't hate animals or hate ppl who refer to them as babies its just something that gets on my nerves. I was just annoyed bc of the lady at work she has kids and grandkids but shows off her "baby" pics instead.
Pic page 25

my dog Sadie

by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:55 PM
Replies (241-250):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 25 on Mar. 30, 2013 at 6:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting softkitty42:

Quoting Anonymous:

Um for some their pet is all they have, their only *child* so for them it is just like losing a child.

I find it disgusting people get mad at how others feel, especially during a time of loss.

Quoting softkitty42:

i dont mind it, until someone tries to compare loosing a pet to a kid. 

my grandparents lost my mom and my aunt two months from each other, they went camping and there was a lady there whose dog had just been put down she tried to tell my grandmother she knew just how she felt. 

really my grandparents lost both children and the lady was trying to compare it to her dog. 

im sorry i dont buy the drivel you are spewing from your finger tips, ive had dogs all my life and i would never walk up to someone who had just lost both of her daughters and tell her i knew how she felt because my dog died.

Oh shut up, people try to relate to help others out.  I'm sorry you can't handle that.

You have had dogs AND kids, some ONLY have dogs as their kids. They take the place of human kids bc they couldn't have any or didn't have any for whatever reason. 

So again, for SOME they can totally relate bc their animals ARE their children to THEM.

I like how you belittle them & their feelings, yet get pissy bc you feel they belittled someone else's feelings.

My aunt has NEVER had kids, her husband died in Vietnam and she never remarried.  Her dog is her life, her child, her companion.  When my son got sick she said "I can kind of relate bc I was terrified when Mitzy was sick." 

I didn't get pissed off, in all actuality I knew she could somewhat relate bc of the love & passion she has for her fur babies.

Sounds like YOU are the insensitive one.

Mrs.Torres2566
by Mrs.T on Mar. 30, 2013 at 6:46 PM

I love my dog to pieces but I wouldn't get him tattoo'ed on me. Not that there is anything wrong with it, just not my thing. And I think I will just bury my dog. 

She was just WAY over the top about it. Like posting pics on FB of his urn, his urn next to her leg tattoo, a picture of him next his urn, it went on and on for about 6 months. Everybody pretty much deleted her during this phase.

Quoting gemikris82:

the tattoos and getting the dog cremaited isnt weird.  i have a tattoo for each one of my furbabies. 

Quoting Mrs.Torres2566:

I call my dog my baby. But I literally had a friend who went around telling everyone about her "son", who was a pit bull. When she had him euthanized because he bit 3 people, she had him cremated, got a tattoo for him and went into a therapy group for mothers who lost children. It was ridiculous. Everyone thought she was crazy.

TeamTARDIS
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 6:46 PM
I agree with you OP.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ttfnt20
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 6:47 PM
2 moms liked this
My 2 cats are my girls and are just as spoilt as my ds lol. There's as many pics of them as of him too. Fur or not they're family
softkitty42
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 6:47 PM

really i dont care how the fuck you feel towards your pet

My point is dont walk up to people who lost there kids and tell them you know how it feels, because while you are mourning the lose of your dog whom you loved, not everyone is going to see that point of view. My grandmother for one, is not going to be one of those people. She isnt a pet person, she had one pet in her entire life, she cant even keep houseplants alive, so to her she isnt going to connect and form a bond with someone who has lost a dog or cat. 

Quoting gemikris82:

well i wouldnt say i know how it feels even if i did go through the same kind of loss.  its not time to bring up my family that have passed away.  but as far as loving my furbabies as much as someone can love their kids, yea i do.  you cant tell me i dont because you dont know what i feel.  the death of my dog devestated me, i mourned more for her than people.  but i didnt have the same love with  my uncle and grandparents that i had with her. 

Quoting softkitty42:

sorry 

ive lost my mom and if someone compared loosing there "furbaby" to me loosing my mother, i would be pretty offended. 

My grandparents lost two children whom they carried, raised and loved for 48 years and 46 years. They watched them go to prom, get married, have children, they held my mothers hand as she passed away. They go through christmas and easter without there only children there.  

You can go ahead and compare that in your mind to your dog, you can love them, treat them like family and feel that way all you want. But personally i would tread cautiously when going to a funeral or meeting someone who has lost there children, because some people get offended having there children compared to someones "furbaby".  I respect your right and everyone elses to feel that way towards your dog or for some there cat, but i dont understand it, but i do understand my grandmothers anger at someone saying that to her. 

Quoting gemikris82:

it may not be the same, but its still devestating for the pet owner to lose a furbaby.

one of my dogs died back in 2001.  i still tear up if i look at her pictures. and to be honest, ive lost family before her and along the way after her, and getting through my dogs death was more difficult than dealing with the death of my uncle, and grandparents. 

Quoting softkitty42:

Quoting Anonymous:

Um for some their pet is all they have, their only *child* so for them it is just like losing a child.

I find it disgusting people get mad at how others feel, especially during a time of loss.

Quoting softkitty42:

my grandparents lost my mom and my aunt two months from each other, they went camping and there was a lady there whose dog had just been put down she tried to tell my grandmother she knew just how she felt. 

really my grandparents lost both children and the lady was trying to compare it to her dog. 

im sorry i dont buy the drivel you are spewing from your finger tips, ive had dogs all my life and i would never walk up to someone who had just lost both of her daughters and tell her i knew how she felt because my dog died.

"the cage or the bird?"

VannaMae307
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 6:50 PM
3 moms liked this

So I shouldn't tell you about how I got a female chihuahua because I have a human son and wanted a daughter to go with him? I can't have any more kids, so this is my little baby girl...

oh, that's her in her bunny dress for easter last year :)

Reality_check
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 6:50 PM

I hate people who willingly give their children up to be with and marry a sex offender, then get a crap load of animals and call themselves mommy when talking about those animals.

gemikris82
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 6:53 PM

do you have a fucking reading problem.??????

in my first sentence i said i wouldnt even say "i know how you feel" if i experienced the same kind of loss.  idiot

Quoting softkitty42:

really i dont care how the fuck you feel towards your pet

My point is dont walk up to people who lost there kids and tell them you know how it feels, because while you are mourning the lose of your dog whom you loved, not everyone is going to see that point of view. My grandmother for one, is not going to be one of those people. She isnt a pet person, she had one pet in her entire life, she cant even keep houseplants alive, so to her she isnt going to connect and form a bond with someone who has lost a dog or cat. 

Quoting gemikris82:

well i wouldnt say i know how it feels even if i did go through the same kind of loss.  its not time to bring up my family that have passed away.  but as far as loving my furbabies as much as someone can love their kids, yea i do.  you cant tell me i dont because you dont know what i feel.  the death of my dog devestated me, i mourned more for her than people.  but i didnt have the same love with  my uncle and grandparents that i had with her. 

Quoting softkitty42:

sorry 

ive lost my mom and if someone compared loosing there "furbaby" to me loosing my mother, i would be pretty offended. 

My grandparents lost two children whom they carried, raised and loved for 48 years and 46 years. They watched them go to prom, get married, have children, they held my mothers hand as she passed away. They go through christmas and easter without there only children there.  

You can go ahead and compare that in your mind to your dog, you can love them, treat them like family and feel that way all you want. But personally i would tread cautiously when going to a funeral or meeting someone who has lost there children, because some people get offended having there children compared to someones "furbaby".  I respect your right and everyone elses to feel that way towards your dog or for some there cat, but i dont understand it, but i do understand my grandmothers anger at someone saying that to her. 

Quoting gemikris82:

it may not be the same, but its still devestating for the pet owner to lose a furbaby.

one of my dogs died back in 2001.  i still tear up if i look at her pictures. and to be honest, ive lost family before her and along the way after her, and getting through my dogs death was more difficult than dealing with the death of my uncle, and grandparents. 

Quoting softkitty42:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting softkitty42:

lamommy23
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 6:56 PM
2 moms liked this

Sadie

My pet Sadie yes she is wearing a coat...for those of you who say I shouldn't have animals
softkitty42
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 6:56 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting softkitty42:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting softkitty42:

Oh shut up, people try to relate to help others out.  I'm sorry you can't handle that.

You have had dogs AND kids, some ONLY have dogs as their kids. They take the place of human kids bc they couldn't have any or didn't have any for whatever reason. 

So again, for SOME they can totally relate bc their animals ARE their children to THEM.

I like how you belittle them & their feelings, yet get pissy bc you feel they belittled someone else's feelings.

My aunt has NEVER had kids, her husband died in Vietnam and she never remarried.  Her dog is her life, her child, her companion.  When my son got sick she said "I can kind of relate bc I was terrified when Mitzy was sick." 

I didn't get pissed off, in all actuality I knew she could somewhat relate bc of the love & passion she has for her fur babies.

Sounds like YOU are the insensitive one.

oh my looky here someone is getting some balls under anonymous?

oh shut up you little whiny brat, cant deal with someone not having the same opinion as you on pets and how to feel about them?

i am insensitive when it comes to this subject, i watched my grandparents bury two children, i watched them slowly decay into lesser versions of themselves, i had to live with them for almost two years afterwards to make sure my grandmother didnt loose her mind. 

I dont care if the camper lady has never had kids before, i dont care if in her fucking mind she can relate to someone burying two children in the same year, link your two braincells together and realize you dont walk up to someone and compare it to there kids. 

because like i stated to the other poster, the point is some people get offended, expecially when they are mourning there own loved ones, expecially only a few months after burying them. To the animals owners TO THEM they are there children, to everyone around them and to complete and utter fucking strangers 

they arent. 

"the cage or the bird?"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)