Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would You Be Mad?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies

Ok, before I begin I will say I'm on day 5 of Progesterone therapy so I'm a bit on edge-but I wanna vent :)

So my Mom had surgery 3 weeks ago.  Knowing this I said I'd host Easter since my sisters all have "other plans"  which is FINE.  That isn't the problem :)  Mom asked if she adn Dad could bring a friend of theirs-an 89 year old they kind of "adopted"  Sure, why not.

My sister in law informs me that my MIL (whom we hasn't seen since Christmas) told her that "you're all old enough to host your own holidays so I'm not doing it any more nor am I going to any of your houses"  Ok, what ever.  You have 2-2 year old (18 months and 23 months) grand children but if that is how you want to be...So I invited HER to Easter.  She told me she was working a double shift OR going with  her girl friend and her family to a truck stop-don't ask. 

So I buy all the food planning for my husband, myself, our toddler, and my parents +1.  Today my sister in law texts and asks if she is still invited.  I say of course.  THREE TEXTS LATER she says "Ok girlfriend and I will be down when I'm done working"  (she is a farmer).  Ok, so what is 2 more especially since her girlfriend texted and facebooked and told me that she was bringing additional food.  So I tell her we will be fine as we have 7 adults and 1 toddler--she writes on facebook "Well we're going to bring SIL #2, Baby Daddy, and ther 23 month old too"

HELLO, its my house!!!

I ask my husband to please text his sister and tell her that A.  It's not cool to decide to bring FOUR extra people withou asking B.  That we don't have room for EVERYONE and C.  That we'd really prefer NOT to have Baby Daddy in the house as he is a smoker and all he and SIL #2 do is fight.  DH's answer "Well you're the one who decided to invite people!"  Alright so you want me to officially be the jack ass and the bad guy.  Ok great.

Would this not piss you off, or would you let it go and try to shove 3 more people around a 6 person table and Lord only knows where they will go in your living room.

Yes, it's OK to tell me I'm an ass, I very well could be...but boy was that good to just vent :)

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Jade_Lufercus
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:59 PM

She should of at least asked you first before just assuming she could bring a ton of people.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:08 PM

Exactly why Im mad!

Quoting Jade_Lufercus:

She should of at least asked you first before just assuming she could bring a ton of people.

mlg1989
Watashi wa anata o aishite Mugiwara Kaizokuban <3
Sunday at 11:49 PM
by ZombieMegg on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:09 PM
It would irritate me. Being a guest you should never invite people without asking first.
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:10 PM

So YOU text her and tell her NOT to bring the other guests. YOU are after all the one making the plans and hosting the party.

momo3fgr8tteens
by Ruby Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I personally would try to accomodate the extra people but NOBODY would be smoking in my house. I hate when people decide to invite others along without asking first  though. 

momoftwo0406
by Ruby Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:14 PM
I would be texting her and telling her that's not ok because you have the food already and you were not planning on extra's don't feel bad about it it's your house. Maybe they should have asked and not ASSumed
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)