Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I hate truck drivers!!!

Posted by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:58 PM
  • 17 Replies

Only on tv. I feel so bad for wives and truckdrivers themselves. I'm watching 'Nightmare Next Door' and this truckdriving family man was a serial killer while on the road. Scared the poo out of me!!!

Have you ever seen a show or movie with a murderous truck driver?

Are you or do you know a truck driver who takes offense to these shows?

by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamabear55
by sweetheart on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:01 PM

BUMP

Stephd710
by Platinum Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:03 PM
4 moms liked this
My dad was a truck driver my whole childhood. Those shows are dumb. Most of the truck drivers out there are just trying to make a living and support their families who they only get to see a few days a month.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Diamepphyre
by Platinum Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:04 PM

Meh.  Murderers and serial killers can be anyone, doing any job.  Just because they focused one episode on one that happened to be a truck driver doesn't mean every truck driver is a murderer. 

Moe1521
by Gold Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:21 PM
There are plenty of truck drivers in my and DH's families, but I'm sure if they have seen the show, they wouldn't be offended. Anyone, of any social standing, group, or career could be a murderer.

If I'm understanding correctly, (since I've never seen or even heard of the show), that would be like navy personnel being offended when another navy person ends up being a murderer on NCIS?

Sorry if that is too irrelevant, just trying to understand......
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mamabear55
by sweetheart on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:23 PM

kind of, except these are real stories

Quoting Moe1521:

There are plenty of truck drivers in my and DH's families, but I'm sure if they have seen the show, they wouldn't be offended. Anyone, of any social standing, group, or career could be a murderer.

If I'm understanding correctly, (since I've never seen or even heard of the show), that would be like navy personnel being offended when another navy person ends up being a murderer on NCIS?

momoftwo0406
by Ruby Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:26 PM
They are as fake as the tow truck shows on tv. Anyone can be a murder.

That lizard lick towing show kills me it's so fake and give tow truck drivers such a bad name.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Moe1521
by Gold Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:27 PM
Oh, goodness gracious! I didn't know that part! That makes it a little different I guess. Ummmm.... I got nothing else to add, except I don't think any of my family would be offended still. Unfortunately, there are some sick people in the world.

Quoting mamabear55:

kind of, except these are real stories

Quoting Moe1521:

CuriousArentYa
by Platinum Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:29 PM

Eh, to me every profession has something that is a black eye to it. 

macysmom
by Platinum Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:29 PM
Caaaandy Caaaane
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
silverdawn99
by Ruby Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:30 PM
My dad is a truck driver and he knew the misconception about truckets
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured