Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Flags flown at half staff today Edit in red

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 142 Replies
2 moms liked this

I was driving around today and saw one very large flag flown at half staff today.  I couldn't remember anyone important dying in the last day or so.  So I pondered it to my dh and he said "what day is today"  I said "Good Friday"....He gave me a knowing look.

I have never seen or noticed anyone ever flying a flag at half staff for Good Friday in honor of Jesus.  I thought it was wonderful. 

Have you ever noticed it?

Not trying to get a debate or start anything was just curious.  I guess since I am usually at work on Good Friday I never noticed it before.

The flag was actually flown today to show respect for our local Florida State Representative Clay Ford who passed away. 

The flag was in front of a car dealership.

regardless of those who want to vomit at the thought of it being flown at half staff in honor of Jesus, I still think its an awesome idea, and you can agree with it or not.  Why should Christianity be the only religion that is being repressed openly in this country? Everyday in this supposedly FREE country Christianity takes hits in one way shape or form because it offends someone. 

I am offended by the Islamic extremists who attacked our country on 9/11. Are you offended by them?  Are you offended that they were trying to build a Mosque near where the Twin Towers were?  I am.  Is anyone going to do anything to offend them NO, can't do that, that wouldn't be right.  They have the freedom of religion in this country. 

I just love double standards!!!

I made an update also on page 7 (I think), with some historical facts on the founding fathers and some statements made by the Supreme Court. 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tal0n
by Platinum Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:02 PM
4 moms liked this

*vomits*

I'm pretty sure that's not the reason.  If it is, there's a serious problem.

audreesmama
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:03 PM
Never seen it.

Are you in FL? A state rep passed away I think.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
DaLordsMezNger
by Bronze Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:04 PM
3 moms liked this
Maybe for the SEAL that died in az?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:05 PM
I didn't notice ours around here, but if that's the reason I think that is awesome!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:06 PM

In this world today, I doubt that's the reason. Wasn't there just some major shooting? Maybe that's why.

mommieof38829
by Platinum Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:07 PM
Here a marine was brought home after being shot and killed on base
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:08 PM

Dh is ex Navy and he said probably not lowering them here in FL for him.  That might be a local thing.  But it was the ONLY flag that I saw around town that was half staff.

Quoting DaLordsMezNger:

Maybe for the SEAL that died in az?

rebecca.n
by Bronze Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:08 PM

I've never seen that before. But that totally made me smile that someone would do that!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:08 PM
9 moms liked this

Grow up.

Quoting Tal0n:

*vomits*

I'm pretty sure that's not the reason.  If it is, there's a serious problem.

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:09 PM

Jesus is the only major figure that died on Good Friday that I am aware of, so that's what I would have thought.  That is unless there was a local person in the area, but nationally, I don't know of anything.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)