Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

lhow would you handle his drinking w/ moments like this

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
Ok. So i have been with my husband on and off for 5 years now. We just recently got married. We have a boy and a lil baby girl.

Here is a lil (LONG) backstory.
He is in sales. He sales meats home delivery!
He has told.me before that if someone is having a drink he will drink one just to sale.
He is also an alcholic i have been trying to get him to STOP.for years. Any excuse to have one he is.
I LOVE HIM WITH ALL MY HEART! he is a good daddy and husband but i can't handle the drinking. I dont like to drink either. Well everytime one of the kids go to the hospital, me being mommy takes them and takes care of them!

Well today i took my son to the e.r for throwing up, he knew this an hr before i took him. Well.after he calls me and says his co.worker had some beers so i asked how many he had. He said he started with one to begin with. Well his co worker being hammered said.he had.2.
he went ahead and told me.he had two.

I am beyond pissed!!! Am i wrong?
The way i see it i am being a mom and taking my kid.to the.dr.to.be checked on. I have an infant at home. He.knows.i.will need help ecspecially since my son threw up all over his bed. He has thr nerve to drink a couple of.beers cause.someone was giving them away!!! Im beyond irritated and tired of this. It is not thr first time. I don't know.how.to handle this anymore....
His reasoning was " im trying to make shit happen for our family"
I dont see it that way at all. Hr claims that was being responsible.

I also used to be a.firefighter im against drinking and driving 100% idc if it is half a beer one or.a hundred. I dont like it...
Please help!
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 29, 2013 at 11:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
partingwhisper
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 11:13 PM
3 moms liked this

i would deal with it by going to alanon meetings and making him have to deal with his drinking and consequences all on his own. 

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Mar. 29, 2013 at 11:14 PM
1 mom liked this

So he gets drunk drunk after 2 beers.....damn he is worse than me, lol

BTW......the Grammar Nazi's are gonna get cha, lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 29, 2013 at 11:14 PM

you took your son to the ER because he threw up?

prissypoptart
by Silver Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 11:15 PM
He needs help. Tell him you will support him and stay with him through it, if he decides to quit. Otherwise he will be alone.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 29, 2013 at 11:16 PM
This is what i have been wanting to do as well.

Quoting partingwhisper:

i would deal with it by going to alanon meetings and making him have to deal with his drinking and consequences all on his own. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 29, 2013 at 11:18 PM
Its not that he really gets drunk i just fond it unneccesary.

They can attack me all they want. Im frustrated and typing on a small cell phone keyboard through tears.

Quoting Sassy762:

So he gets drunk drunk after 2 beers.....damn he is worse than me, lol

BTW......the Grammar Nazi's are gonna get cha, lol

LiesLiesLies
by Platinum Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 11:18 PM
I wouldn't consider two beers randomly an alcoholic. But I don't know your whole story.

Good luck.

P.S. I hate those creepy men that try to come to your house and sell meat.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 29, 2013 at 11:19 PM
Well it is a lil more then just throw up. He won't eat, has a fever and can not keep anything down. Just didnt want to make this post longer then it needed to be :)

Quoting Anonymous:

you took your son to the ER because he threw up?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 29, 2013 at 11:21 PM
Well there is a huge backstory on drinking he drinks 6 to 12 beers a night if i allowed him too. He used to. He can not turn a beer down EVER!

Lol i dont blame you
I would not want them knocking on my door either.

Quoting LiesLiesLies:

I wouldn't consider two beers randomly an alcoholic. But I don't know your whole story.

Good luck.

P.S. I hate those creepy men that try to come to your house and sell meat.
amiesmomma
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 11:22 PM
You can't make him stop drinking if he's an alcoholic. However, I'm not saying he is an alcoholic because he wouldnt stop at one or two beers.

You can control your actions. Don't enable. Don't make threats you won't carry out. Don't be codependent.

God bless.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)